New/Used Sofrider

hank9752

Got to ride my Sofrider for the first time two days ago and again today. Getting the hang of it and ready to go out on my dead end road where I live after riding in large parking lots the first two times. Just wondering if I can get a seatback that is high enough to support my head. Really neat concept the recumbent bike. I would like to do some long distance riding next spring if I make the necessary progress and feeling confident that I will as I am adapting pretty well to it so far.

leakyduck

Neckrest

I just mounted a neckrest from an ICE trike to my Sofrider. Mounts to the two top seat bolts and adjusts up and down with a little fore and aft adjustment to boot. Will be posting pictures this week.

leakyduck

Pictures of Neckrest

ice2.jpg height: 836px;
ice1.jpg height: 1124px;

hank9752

head rest sofrider

ICE Trike. Did you order this part from them online or buy from a dealer?

John, your link did not work.

leakyduck

ICE Neckrest

Actually I found it on eBay. It was used but in really great condition. I bought it when I was riding a Sun Trike. With it in place I could ride in a very open position. Whether or not I was going faster but what I did note that I was using my abdominal muscles more. Looking at the picture that Jim posted on Bentrider of Maria ( rotated the picture of her like the one on this forum and you can see that she is in the same position as a rider on a DF) Seeing that picture shows me why Cruz bikes can climb.

leakyduck

Backrest & Cushion Covers

I knew they were available, however, I didn't want to buy new ones till I am sure I'm not going to fall down and tear them up.