New wheels question

Bo6

Just about to buy a set of Hunt Adventure Wheels and would like to confirm the axles size & width. It looks like 12X142 rear and 12X100 front will work. Is this correct?

The plan is to get a Scram XD/XDR hub to enable a 10-50 cassette for road riding, mounting 38-40m tubeless slick tire. I plan to use the stock wheels with my 11-50 cassette and knobbyish tires for adventure rides on trails. 2 wheel sets will make for quick changes and let me ride trails one day and go on my regular group road ride the next.
It will be fun to see what difference the wheel/tire combo makes to the bike.

Bob

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Which Frame and Year do you have? 142 would be the newest bikes; and the 12x100 rear is universal.

Bo6

Finally got a chance to try the new wheels (Hunt aluminum wheels with Panaracer 650x38 tubeless road slicks and 10-50casset). My digital bathroom scale indicated a little more than 1lb weight saving and an as tested bike weight of ~38.6 lbs. No empirical data but did a 15km ride with 140m of climbing first with original tires then about an hour later with the new wheels and cassette.

The bike felt noticeably lighter handling on the front and climbed hills easier (one gear higher). Rolling seemed faster on the down hills and flats. The 10 tooth sprocket let me get to about 50km/hr easily vs the 42km/hr with the 11 tooth. The ride seemed slightly smoother as well.

I had expected the better climbing with the lighter wheels and tubeless tires but was surprised at the lighter feeling in the front end. Overall a worthwhile change to the bike. Sorry I lost the receipts, but the change cost less than $1000 including wheels tires cassette and brake discs.

Next test will be when my knobby 650X48 tires arrive. I was going to mount the on the old rims, but like the new rims too much so may just change tires.