Noisy Quest 2.0 451

low wong

The past two months I was annoyed by " kit-kat" noise from my Quest's back part.

I checked the spokes, It's ok. Tighten all seat pan and seat back bolts, adjusted the seat post up and down, noise still alive when cycling.

Yesterday I dissemble the rear swing arm's pivot joint , the right side was out easily, but the left hand side was stuck , by wooden stick push out this part, some unusual scratches found on the surface, I lubricated it by grease and reassembled.

Noise still accompany my riding but sound quiet than before, " kit-kit-kat-kat" all the way.

Any suggestion welcome.

IMAG0059.jpg height:957px;
20130918351.jpg height:285px; width:308px

dave.g

Gentle clicking noise solved

Dear vovolc

My Quest II 559 had a quiet clicking noise that came from the rear wheel. It had the noise from new. I have never heard such a thing before on any of the bicycles that I have owned. The noise was still there after a year and I decided that it originated in the rear hub. I rebuilt the rear wheel using a Shimano XT hub which was a similar size and so I could reuse the spokes.

The noise disappeared.

low wong

Hi dave,
Thanks for your

Hi dave,

Thanks for your advice. I replace a new rear wheel with hub dynamo recently, kit-kit-kat-kat still going.

May be I should dismantle the rear ?Kind Shock Kspeed 261 Shock take a look.
IMAG0064.jpg

jphipps

rear shock

I also have had strange noises from my quest3 shock. I looked at the KS A5-RE as a replacement, it is an air shock that might fit and costs about $75. If you decide to replace, please post pictures.

J Phipps