NOS QUEST (451) Reduced to $950

John Axen

Brand new, just assembled Cruzbike Quest, fully loaded and ready to ride. Full suspension, SRAM R. derailleur, Dualdrive internal geared hub (27 spd), Avid mechanical disc brakes, Elliptical E-ring chain ring, 20" (451) wheels w/ Kenda Kwest 100 lb tires, bottle cages, mirror, Cruzbike rear cargo rack, and bell. This is a bike that can actually fold up to fit into a cargo bag or suitcase for travel. (not included) Asking $950 obo, This is a new bike! Give me call to set a time to check it out. John (541) 244-0317 Located in Grants Pass, OR Email me for photos.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Brand new, just assembled Cruzbike Quest, fully loaded and ready to ride. Full suspension, SRAM R. derrailleur, Dualdrive internal geared hub (27 spd), Avid mechanical disc brakes, Elliptical E-ring chain ring, 20" (451) wheels w/ Kenda Kwest 100 lb tires, bottle cages, mirror, Cruzbike rear cargo rack, and bell. This is a bike that can actually fold up to fit into a cargo bag or suitcase for travel. (not included) Asking $1100 obo, This is a new bike! Give me call to set a time to check it out. John (541) 244-0317 Located in Grants Pass, OR Email me for photos.
This sounds like a Quest V 2.0 that was released in May 2011, so how is it "Brand New"????

John Axen

This sounds like a Quest V 2.0 that was released in May 2011, so how is it "Brand New"????
I bought the Quest from a private individual. I assumed he had never assembled it as it arrived via fedex in the original box and packing material. I watched a couple videos on youtube and got the general idea except for the fine tuning. I had a 26" wheeled Quest maybe 3 years ago but had to let it go when I was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer which took me down a different trail altogether. I am doing much better now and thought I could pick up riding a Cruzbike like I had been but found that my inner ear on my left side has been adversely affected...pretty much destroying my sense of balance plus adding occasional vertigo to the adventure. So, for the time being I am riding my recumbent trikes and keeping one two wheeled bent if and when I can regain a safe balance. I really wanted to ride a Cruzbike again as I was beginning to have some fun although I found short steep climbs a challenge ....I guess I had to concentrate on better ankling technique instead of trying to power myself up the hills. The new entry level Cruzbike intrigues me....just like the original Softrider but until I get some answers regarding my loss of balance I will stick with the trikes. I currently have two LoGo trikes...the very first generation imported to the States and a prototype of the last LoGo before Martin closed the doors to his shop. They are great trikes for both jamming around town and touring. Thanks for your interest and if you have any helpful hints please don't hesitate to let me know. John

Suz

If you’re on Facebook, recumbent classifieds has pics of Johns bike. It looks really nice John. Good luck with the sale.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Of special interest to those who love their Quest V2.0 from 2011 but theirs is getting seriously worn out OR any who want these features which are not available on current models:

-Small wheels for packing into suitcase, lower seat height (shorter people take note).
-elliptical ring single front chainring
-Dual drive basically gives the same gearing as a front triple chainring
-Dual drive enables it to downshift while stopped at a light for example

Note:
-I did not include front suspension in the list of advantages because it seems a fairly common consensus that the front suspension on Cruzbikes was not significantly different from non-suspended fork with a medium tire pressure.

Possibly disadvantages:
-not current model - if that matters to you - it is still brand new as evidenced by tire tread noted above and disc rotor - cannot even tell if it was used!
-cannot put 2" tires on it