Oakley Vanguard video on the S40

orind

Member
Finding a good place to mount my Insta360 X4 was challenging. Ultimately, mounting on the handlebar worked best, but I really disliked having it on the bars. I decided to try the Oakley Vanguard sunglasses--The attached video is testing today using the autocapture (with Garmin) for my ride. Can't get the rear facing views I can with the X4, but it does a good job. 22% battery utilized over the 2 and 1/2 hour ride.
 

Greg S

Guru
Nice video!

Although the idea of being able to take photos/movies of whatever you're looking at is certainly appealing, Meta/FB is a total non-starter for me. If there were a way to do the former without connecting to the latter I'd consider it.

I have a DJI Osmo Action and basically never use it because I've not found a place to mount it where it's 1) accessible and 2) gives reasonable videos. I don't want additional weight on my helmet and videos of my feet just aren't that interesting.

I will admit that I've not explored either the Vanguards or DJI all that deeply.
 
Top