On my recent disapperance - Okay, not so recent.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Dear Folks,

In the last 23 months I have been integral to building 3 factories in China, increasing their output by a factor of 10, and reducing their defect rates by a factor of 10. It has been the most fulfilling work of my career, working side by side with Chinese engineers, scientists, line workers, machinists and businessmen. I've built up a group of brilliant colleagues who have also become fast friends.

It has also been grueling, traveling 24 - 36 hours door-to-door each way, 2 weeks in China, 2 weeks in the US. All the folks at the hotel call me by name...

All my other activities have ground to a halt over that time, my work with the high school FIRST Robotics team, and also Cruzbike. There's just no time to do anything else between catching up work in the US, shaking off jetlag, and trying to keep folks at home happy, who've been very patient with me.

As of last week, I have been transferred from the commercialization group (actually, just about every part of the project) to the design side of the house, which happens primarily in the US. So hopefully my Cruzbike work can pick back up where I left off. Provided I can rescue my garage from its current pitiful state...

I have been gratified by how the community has supported each other over the last 2 years. Technical problems get resolved by the community faster than I can write an e-mail these days.

Good Onya, all of you.

Cheers,

Doug

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Very cool Doug. Sounds like

Very cool Doug. Sounds like you are the one deserving a huge and hearty Good Onya!

?-Eric