One spot (rider or SAG) open on 2021 Skyline Drive - Blue Ridge Parkway ride - May 22-28

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
We have planned a '"Skyline Drive - Blue Ridge Ride" for 2021 and are looking for 1 other rider to fill out our "group of 8" - Note if you would just like to be the SAG driver, the other 7 will cover your lodging, gas costs - all you would pay is for food.

Who is going:
Jim & Maria Parker
Larry Oslund
Ken Holzhausen
Alvin Maxwell (our un-official guide since he has done this trip about 20 times)
Jill Paxton
Barrett (friend of Alvin)

Schedule:
Meet at Front Royal on Friday May - 21 and spend the night
Start Riding the Skyline Drive on Sat - May 22 - end up in Cherokee, NC early afternoon on Friday - May 28th.
We will use the Parkers van as the SAG vehicle and will take turns each day driving it if we don't have a dedicated SAG driver. shared gas expenses.
Last year the lodging, gas, shared food for breakfast and lunch was about $750 - other expenses are dinner each night, so figure about another $200+, so about $1000 for the entire trip.
You will need to share car rental expense (with Ken) to drive yourself and bike back to Front Royal on May 28th.

Let me know if you are interested - if not I will need to stick it up on various other forums so we can fill this 8th slot.

To reserve your spot as a rider, you will need to pay $750 upfront since we have already booked and paid for all the lodging.

take care,
Larry
larryoslund@gmail.com
828-216-7860

LarryOz

I reckon riding and hanging out with this group would be invaluable Intel
This will be my 3rd time riding the Blue Ridge. It is so much fun riding and hanging out together. The pace is easy and lots of breaks for food and fellowship

LarryOz

If two people can SAG, my wife and I would love to volunteer to drive the van.
Hi Rich,
Thanks for the offer -
unfortunately we only have a lodging enough for 1 additional person so this would not work. :(