Opinions on the upgraded head/ neck rest

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I used it for a while and it worked fine. Easy to slide up or down the bars, and in 1 way I liked that the flat cushion allowed you to turn your head left and right. The mesh cover eventually got worn so I experimented with a U-shaped piece of plastic about the same size as the original so it would cradle my neck and keep my head pointing forward. I covered the plastic with adhesive backed foam and made a new cover for it that I really liked. If I were still using that bar system instead of the Performance Adjustable Headrest system I'd use it in a heartbeat.

Thank you Sir. Outstanding review. I don’t have any real issues with the stock headrest now that I have fitted it with ballistic jell, but it still rubs a bit on the tail of my new helmet which is why I’m considering the new rest. Hey, if I don’t like it I can always go back.

Last edited:

Andreas

I have installed mine too, it works really very well. Much more positions available.
Hi @Robertas your bike looks so awesome and stealthy. Probably you took the Banana Racers in orange, so that you do not immediately run over?
Your photo gives me some new ideas for my Brevet setup.
Are these fenders SKS Bluemels 35mm wide glossy (not matte)?
Any issues getting them installed in the front (fork and main frame clearance)?
What tire size do you have?
I currently run tubed Conti 5000 28mm wide and I think that there is not much clearance under the front fork so i was looking for splitted fenders like these but when installing the rear fender in the front, the split is in the wrong position:
.20230611_092505.jpg

And your fenders are still alive?
I'm asking because I had Bluemels 45mm wide on my trike and they broke after a few months.

Robertas

Hi @Robertas your bike looks so awesome and stealthy. Probably you took the Banana Racers in orange, so that you do not immediately run over?
Your photo gives me some new ideas for my Brevet setup.
Are these fenders SKS Bluemels 35mm wide glossy (not matte)?
Any issues getting them installed in the front (fork and main frame clearance)?
What tire size do you have?
I currently run tubed Conti 5000 28mm wide and I think that there is not much clearance under the front fork so i was looking for splitted fenders like these but when installing the rear fender in the front, the split is in the wrong position:
.View attachment 14921

And your fenders are still alive?
I'm asking because I had Bluemels 45mm wide on my trike and they broke after a few months.
Hi Andreas,

1. Yes, that's Banana Racer bags and it is super for such recumbent.
2. Can not remember now exactly, but when I measuring now I see that it is 40mm wide. Yes, it is glossy.
3. No issues at all, just hour or two in garage with driller and screwdriver.
4. 25mm, indeed no space for 28mm wide tyres with mudguards, but it`s for me.
5. Mudguards are alive and does the job perfectly!