packing the Quest with 26" wheels for flight

Hugh Mitenko

I have a trip to Melbourne coming up and would like to pack my Quest 2.0 into luggage. I have 26" wheels. I would like to either
a) buy 20" wheels (including one with the internal gearing), tyres, tubes, so I can pack it in luggage I have, or
b) get a box/ luggage to pack it with the bigger wheels (I think I would prefer this).

I have fixed a bigger, beefier rack on it so I'd have to disassemble this, but that is neither here nor there.

Another idea: can I rent a Cruzbike in Melbourne?

Thank you

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I'm a big fan of the 451

I'm a big fan of the 451 Quest, so I'd go that way. I'll point out that your chainstay is longer on the 559 and the 451, so you may have a little bit tougher time fitting it in the suitcase, but I believe it still fits.

The issue with the bigger wheels isn't buying the box, but rather paying the extra amount to fly with them. But many, many people fly with big bicycles and big wheels, so this is definitely doable.

As far as renting, I'd PM Kim T. and see what he says.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes!

Good luck,
Charles

super slim

Zen MBB Master
If you are in USA and flying

If you are in USA and flying to Aust, Fly Qantas (but check the pricing) as they accept an Australian box box up to 1.4m *0.82* 0.28 as normal luggage, as long as it is 23 kgs or less.