Please Don't Hit Me (Unicorn) DesignShine DS-500 Lighting bundle

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
So you do a lot of solo riding out in the middle of nowhere and want that approaching car driver to look up from their cell phone so they see you. If that sounds familiar, I have your back, or instead, Design Shine does.

First, these are probably the hardest-to-find lights on the planet; you can't buy them new anymore, but Stephen still supports them and repairs them for any owner; first, second, and third owner doesn't matter. I've had 3 of them since I got my Silvio in 2015. I moved on from the headlights when I needed to research lights for the RAAM team when the headlight was out of production. It's time to part with Qty 2 of the taillights so I can research new lights for the rest of you. Yes, I'm keeping one light for future mega-events. But having 2 in the box getting dusty isn't helping anyone else.

So, I'm making the unicorn bundle for two lucky buyers.

Bundle Price $350 + shipping

IMG_1083.jpeg
Included:

Qty 1: DesginShine DS-500 Rear Taillight
Qty 1: Garmin Varia Ut800 Front light
Qty 1: Magicshine 4.4ah Battery (one bundle has a 5.6ah battery goes to the first buyer)
Qty 1: Glowworm 1.7A charger
Qty 3: 3-Foot Power cables (for wiring the bike or for charging in the garage)
Qty 2: Battery Mounting Straps
Qty 3: Taillight mounting brackets

Complete specs on the tail light:

The lights are pretty easy to use. Press the button once, and it turns on in day mode; each press after that rotates through the five well-documented modes, my favorite being the one that mimics ambulance light pattern design to be impossible to ignore if your brain catches it in peripheral vision want to turn it off; press and hold. Double or triple-click the button to get night mode, depending on the light. There is an advanced programming mode, but I haven't played with that since I got them.

The light lenses are currently setup for running Vertically; you can rotate them horizontally. Just need a hex wrench and some careful instruction following

You can still buy all sorts of batteries of middle capacity and lighter weight at:
My personal favorite is: https://www.action-led-lights.com/c...ts/gloworm-3400mah-hi-capacity-2-cell-battery
I can't give you those because I wore them out so badly that the cases fell apart. The included battery has a ton of life left, as these where my all-night event batteries and I only did a few of those

If you want to see the lights in action at night on power level 3 (the highest of the night modes), then here's a video from 2015