Please... someone talk me out of this upgrade

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hello

"The feet is not spinning but the mind is"

Never dealt with Campagnolo but I am thinking of using their Ekar 1x13 drive chain.

Will the axle of their crank fit my bb? Will the cassette fit my hub or will the hub have to be replaced?

I am thinking of ditching the weight and make things more aero on the front but this idea could be too expensive and I would lose the efficiency in large chainrings.

(I have thought of a way of not having to change the brakes or brifters)

DavidCH

OK... I like manifesting... developments
Instead of spending crazy money with Campagnolo ... take a look at the black water cyclist on YouTube
. Basically I can get the upgrade to 1x13 by keeping the sram crank and ordering a modified axs cassette, extender,novatec xdr freehub,kmc 12speed chain and a stone 48t chainring all for $420.

Emmm...:rolleyes:

I was watching a M5 low racer video yesterday Baron Low Racer... perhaps I should stop watching YouTube LOL.

DavidCH

This video is like a dream... a dream of beauty...
To concentrate the body and the mind to go at high speed on a Recumbent Low Racer bike in order to perforate the reality... and then connect with nature in silence, eat her fruits,explore ancient villages,contemplate aphorisms and go even deeper into oneself holding the breath and diving into the sea... and finally return to the light...

Last edited:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
The @DavidCH idea is good for those who already have XX1 because they already have the hub.

Anyway who wants Campagnolo, now their chainwheels do not have holes drilled.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master

To concentrate the body and the mind to go at high speed on a Recumbent Low Racer bike in order to perforate the reality... and then connect with nature in silence, eat her fruits,explore ancient villages,contemplate aphorisms and go even deeper into oneself holding the breath and diving into the sea... and finally return to the light...

Nice vid. Crazy short cranks. Must be close to 140/145? And chunky tires for that much speed

jond

Zen MBB Master

and then have to ride home in a headwind ;)

It is a privilege being here.

nontrovoilnome

Thank you so much for posting my video. It's really an honor.