Possibe Silvio S30 for sale

oldcyclist1950

Well folks, I continue to try but the transition from DF Parlee bike to the Silvio is tough. I ride in between snow storms to try to get the balance but it doesn't seem to be coming. As well, my wife is interested in riding with me and in doing that I will possibly return to the DF. So, brand new S30 complete with the SRAM double taps and the new frame received just before Christmas of 2014. Not sure it is for sale but it sure might be at a significantly reduced price. Thinking $2750 plus whatever freight at cost. I am in the Denver area of Colorado so local sale would be easiest. Let me know if there is any interest. Thanks! Sandy Edens

mzweili

Guru
transition to the Silvio is tough

Sandy,
I started on the Silvio 2.1 last spring (at age 69).
After approx. 700 miles, I can tell you I'll never switch back to a DF.
I have no problems riding with my DF buddies.
If in a couple of years balance becomes an issue I'll buy a full suspended trike.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Sandy,
Don't give it up just

Sandy,

Don't give it up just yet - you really have to put in the miles and the balance and stability will come very quickly once you have time in the seat and actually have some better riding conditions. Practice "flintstoning" the bike like a kids strider bike for a while to feel the balance.

Your back, butt, wrists, crotch, etc will thank you big time and before long you will be besting your old average speeds.

Like it has been said - All good things to those who wait (Or in this case stick with it and rack up those miles)

My first few hundred miles on a Q I thought would be impossible, but then is clicked and I will never go back to another two wheeled recumbent let alone a DF.

Robert

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
+1 on what Robert said. If

+1 on what Robert said. If you choose to sick with it you will reap the rewards Down the Road - Literally!

Good luck in what every decision you do make!

Wannabe

My story in a nutshell.

I agree with what every one has said. Watch the various videos. Do what they say. Picture in your mind that you can do it. If you make up your mind, it can and will happen. I say this because I sat on the fence for over 8 years. I bought and sold most all forms of bents. Even though deep inside I knew better, I tried DF's again. BAD IDEA!!! I was getting very discouraged because I wanted that feeling of power and control I used to have with my $5,000. + Carbon DF. I just did not want the pain in the "what-what" as well as wrists etc.
I wanted to be more safe. Have you ever endo'ed a DF? It sucks beyond the beyond!!! The chain came off, I was standing on the pedals.... then I was in serious pain. It looked like I had been pulled behind a truck !!!

The Silvio will reward you 1000 fold if you give it time. I am sure many here would be happy to talk to you on the phone if you would want the coaching. I am one of them.

OTOH, you will have no problem selling. I too am interested. I just bought a silvio 2.0, but I would take your bike and turn it into a 27 degree vendetta..... maybe...not sure.

MAJOR55

If You Decide To Sell

Sandy,
If you decide to move to something else, I too would be interested in purchasing your Silvio. I have made a couple of trips to Portland to try Cruzbikes, and I am ready to give them a serious try.
I will be traveling through your area in late May and would be able to pick up the bike if it should become available.
Good luck with the learning curve, maybe the spring weather will help.

hurri47

If any of you move up from an

If any of you move up from an earlier Silvio to this new one, I want to be in the running to take over your leftover.

I'm not holding my breath, though. My guess is OP will get more seat time in the spring time, and he will see the light.

-Dan

Gerblich

Silvio for sale

Can you give more technical information? What kind of gearing and wheels does the Silvio have and what is the size.
You can email to adigerblich@gmail.com

oldcyclist1950

it is the same as the new

it is the same as the new Silvio S30 in the "pre-order, order" section of the Silvio bike description. It is the complete Silvio including two bottle cages and the mirror. SRAM double taps, 11/32 cassette and 53/34 crank. look at the "Bikes" and that is the way it is set up. Sandy

dougd

Interested in buying the S30

I live in Highlands Ranch, Co I am very interested in buying it but I have never test driven one yet. The weather is suppose to be awesome this week and I have a flexible schedule.

Doug

joy

Sandy, don't sell

I am 64 and am at about the 200 mile mark. At first, I thought no way. Now I love it. I am getting more comfortable every day. I have a top speed of about 30, down hill, and am averaging about 15 mph on the flats here in Florida. Trying to get it down now, so I can go back to CT and attack some hills. Don't despair, you will get it. Little steps, then one day, it clicks. Good luck. Joy

telephd

Guru
Wooohoooo...Sandy's S30 is

Wooohoooo...Sandy's S30 is headed my direction. My names Hal and I have a recumbent problem, yes, in addition to a my new S30 and V20 I own a Silvio 1.0, several Bacchettas, a P38, and Goldrush. My S1.0 (and several other bikes) will be available with our with out the 100mm extension as my wife made definitive statements regarding the number of recumbents in the house 2 bikes ago
tongue_smile.gif
Dan has first shot and then it goes on the market.

Ill finish the V20 build as soon as I can get the BB fit issue figured out and cant wait to give the S30 a spin next week.

Martinius Berg

Sandy Edens

I am seriously interested in buying your Silvio recumbent . Have send your a message today through this forum..

Friendly regards Martinius Berg

Well folks, I continue to try but the transition from DF Parlee bike to the Silvio is tough. I ride in between snow storms to try to get the balance but it doesn't seem to be coming. As well, my wife is interested in riding with me and in doing that I will possibly return to the DF. So, brand new S30 complete with the SRAM double taps and the new frame received just before Christmas of 2014. Not sure it is for sale but it sure might be at a significantly reduced price. Thinking $2750 plus whatever freight at cost. I am in the Denver area of Colorado so local sale would be easiest. Let me know if there is any interest. Thanks! Sandy Edens

hurri47

Sandy Edens

I am seriously interested in buying your Silvio recumbent . Have send your a message today through this forum..

Friendly regards Martinius Berg

That S30 was sold in February to my friend in California, which is why I am riding his old version 1.0 today. Good luck in your search.

-Dan