Possible Thor Seat for Vendetta??

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hi Everyone,
I am in discussion with Greg (owner of Thor Composites) about making a mold for a
"Thor" seat that would fit the Vendetta frame exactly.

I am looking for someone with a Vendetta who is close to him that might be able to take their frame to him for him to get exact measurements off of. He lives in North Poland near Kalmuzy. I am checking with him to see if a Vendetta seat would do since it has basically the same shape. If you can do either a frame or a seat, please contact me at larryoslund@gmail.com and I can work out the details with you and Greg. Would even be happy to pay for your shipping costs as it would be less expensive than me shipping a frame or seat from the US to him.

Also, if you think you would be interested in purchasing a one of these seats please also email me and tell me you have an interest and what you max price would be.

I think the more of us that would like one the less expensive they would cost to produce.
Thanks,
Larry

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@LarryOz I like your initiative. If I had a v20 I would be even more interested.

I thought you had the aero maxed out with the stock seat? That is, better than you will be able to get with a Thor seat.

And how similar are the frame shapes for s40 and v20? Could the mold or part of it be exactly the same? Then I would be very interested in an s40 seat that could be a straight swap without a need for me to do an custom mounting.

It would be ideal to have a frame to show Greg the location & size of the wings.
Someone ambitious could make a fiberglass imprint and send that.
BTW, will the 2021/2022 V20 model have upper wings?

Henri

scatter brain
Im going to share in the German Velomobilforum.de (general recumbents forum). We have a V20-Thread and a few riders.

LarryOz

I thought you had the aero maxed out with the stock seat? That is, better than you will be able to get with a Thor seat.
I think there are gains to be made with the stock V20 seat. (But since the current Thor seat does not match the V20 frame it tends to stick you head up in the air more I think - at least it does with me so imho it is not more areo). In the stick V20 seat, that lip that extends down for instance must block a little air from flowing straight back. Plus I am looking at options for attaching a larger race case to the back of the bike so I can carry enough fuel for non-stop 12-hour rides. Having a seat with shoulder wings on it would facilitate attachment of larger race cases.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Larry,

I would certainly be interested in such a seat. I think the price should be close to what one of their seats goes for now though with a little extra for the customization. The carbon Model Carrier (with wings and Carbon Reinforcement for bigger boys) goes for $280.00 currently. I'd think somewhere in the $300-$325 would be appropriate.

I would be interested if the seat also fit the S30 which I think it would. It would be nice to fit a Bacchetta brain box without having to fabricate something. Also the addition of a multi adjustable headrest would be wonderful. I am always fiddling with the headrest since I have neck and back issues. If my neck rest isn’t exactly right I have horrible headaches. Cost wise somewhere in the low $300 range.

Henri

scatter brain
I didn't know, that Thor and their Dolphin box are European. But in Germany we also have Novosport, so I'll probably try one of their larger boxes, maybe with their seat. (Once I have a V20 and learned to ride it.)
https://www.novosport.de/169/produkte/kofferraeume
I was told that any of their lowrider boxes should fit the V20. They should be mountable on the original seat, but fit better on a Novosport seat. If I don't forget, I will report, but it will be some time before that.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I recently bought a used V20 with Thor seat already mounted. In my opinion, V20 is not ridable, at least to me, with the stock seat because of lack of shoulder support and putting too much pressure on the neck. So yes V20 definitely needs an easy Thor installation option without using a hacksaw. However, I wouldn't be interested to buy one because I am lucky to have one installed already.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Larry,

How is the "discussion with Greg (owner of Thor Composites) about making a mold for a "Thor" seat that would fit the Vendetta frame" coming? I'm very interested and am holding off buying one now and adapting it to the V20. Getting a custom made seat that actually fits the frame would be huge!

LarryOz

How is the "discussion with Greg (owner of Thor Composites) about making a mold for a "Thor" seat that would fit the Vendetta frame" coming? I'm very interested and am holding off buying one now and adapting it to the V20. Getting a custom made seat that actually fits the frame would be huge!
I have no doubt it will happen. I have already had about 10 people express interest in purchasing one from the first run, so I think that is probably plenty enough for him to put forth the effort.
Plus I am hopeful that Cruzbike will be in talks with him as an OEM once this seat exista and will probably provide it as an option when ordering.
I have sent him detailed pictures and measurements of my frame and seat. He is on holiday now, but I expect that he will be getting back to me soon into the new year.
I will of course post any news I have from him to this thread

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I don't think he has made one yet Dave, but I might be interested in one as well. The stock seat with Ventisit works great for me, but a bit more incline and the ability to add storage behind the head would make long hours on the bike easier on the neck for multi-day tours while still retaining most of the speed.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Thanks ID, and I enjoy yours as well. It is not the most active forum maybe everyone is out enjoying their bikes instead, but when there are posts they are usually banging.

With that said, I just changed from the stock OEM head rest bars to the adjustable head rest because I have an idea for rear storage, and the OEM bars were a bit narrow with just the pad on them. My head was wobbling a bit too much left to right like a newborn baby. I put the adjustable bars on the widest setting and it seems to hold my head in place a little more during test fitting. Now I just gotta get it out on the road to see how it works in reality.