Potential Conversion - Shogun TRX Mens Mountain bike

footsore

Hi,
I'm thinking of setting up a cruze bike to by my commuter. A possible conversion candidate is the Shogun TRX. This bike pops up a lot in the Melbourne, Australia area and seems to be the best bang for the buck. What do you think about the frame? I'm don't know a lot about the conversion process, just what I've read around this site. Is the brace across the top of the V-frame any problem?
Peace.

alt="Shogun_TRX"
Shogun_TRX.JPG

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
The biggest concern is

The biggest concern is usuallly seat height and it looks like you're probably o.k. there (Doug recommends seat height to be at least 4 inches below inseam). I don't see any show stoppers or other reasons not to try.

ghglenn.ku

Seat bracket

You'll probably need to mount the seat bracket backwards (high end rearward) to compensate for the top tube angle. This is contra the instructions but it worked fine for me with a very similar frame geometry.

ghglenn.ku

...and when you're done

you must rename it. Mine went from Mongoose-----> Mongo_SEx; may I suggest Shogun-----> ShagEm ?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Rename?

I used reflective lettering to write Allons-y on the downtube of my Cannondale commuter (used to be a TT) bike. I have children and any kind of questionable reference wouldn't be acceptable at home and since I park my bike in my office, I figured I'd best keep it workplace-friendly also.

FWIW, Mongo_SEx is a chaming name for a bike. I've had a Cannondale that was renamed Can o' ale, and a Specialized renamed Special Ed. That one paid homage to a riding partner named Ed whom my fellow riders affectionatly nicknamed Special Ed.

ghglenn.ku

Special Ed

Crank yankers vers.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4b4cfdb75d/crank-yankers-special-ed-wants-to-see-a-movie-s02e03-from-vertex