Preferred Pedal Type

Preferd Pedal Type

• Total voters

Bo6

I have used SPD on most of my bikes and continue to use them on the Q45. They are set to a very light release so if I panic, I can get out quickly. I started with flat to gain some confidence, but being clipped in make starts easier and riding more relaxed.

The biggest reason for not using road systems is the shoes, which are hard to walk in when touring or visiting coffee shops. High end MTB shoes are also quite stiff and light.

sixty-six

posted this already on Facebook, but anyways..I like crank brothers pedals a lot..with modern gravel shoes and most mtb ones it's possible to fit the cleats further back. Road shoes are not to me an option because I need to put my feet down too often and they aren't good for that. Flat pedals are good for learning and I use them on a couple of bikes, but they don't put your feet in the correct position like cleats can, I feel with my v20c it's important to have everything just right..and feet sitting off on either pedal I found made it harder to learn..after taking off my trainer pedal flats I am riding way better .....