Problem with suspension

KrautKontrol

It's a 700C Fork

As such you shouldn't have any problem with clearance, when running a 26/650 wheel in it, even
when reversed. Here is another shot with a wheel in it. As you can see, it follows the curvature only
minimally. Add to that the 30-40mm for the size difference between the 700c and a 26 you should
be fine.

4976635231_73f276a36f_z.jpg

Vargas

Disk breaks

It takes only disk breaks. When reversing the fork you can not use disk brakes.

I found this pro shock one which looks like a good candidate too. Have to check with John if the 1.25" would be ok for the SR frame.

http://www.actiontec.us/proshock.htm

Bu what I'll really do is have the collar machined. Didn't do it yet because I am traveling, away from home and AWAY FROM MY BIKE :( :( :(

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Cruzbike White Rhino?

Of course if you used the Suntour Swing Shock facing forward on your white V2/K I suppose you could say you ride a Cruzbike White Rhino
tounge_smile.gif

Looking at your original photos above however, you may just be trading rubbing shoulders with being <font face="Lucidaitalic, Arial"><i>gored by the horn....</i>

<font face="Lucidaitalic, Arial">-Eric

Vargas

Done

Had the collar machined from stainless steel:
DSCN1880.JPG width: 980px; height: 735px;

Total height 20 mm (10 + 10).
Also had spacers machined, one 10 mm and two 7.5 mm (only one is shown):
DSCN1879.JPG

I only used one 10 mm spacer and the main collar. This is how the fork looks like with the crown race relocated. Total displacement was 30 mm. I could have used the other spacers and have it moved more, but I thought 30 mm would be enough and I didn't want to change the geometry too much:
DSCN1881.JPG width: 980px; height: 735px;

Reassembled everything and took my first ride today. Depending on how I pedal I still touch it. But much less than before.
I'll relax for now and just ride it a couple of hundred Km.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Good work!
There a little

Good work!
There a little more leverage now on the fork, since the wheel is a bit further from the bearings. The fork won't have the same strength and may feel more flexible when braking. This is a reason towards minimising the spacers.