Q-45 test ride

billyk

Guru
Also in Seattle (NE part of the city, pretty urban).

I have a first-gen Q45 (2018) with fairly low gears for hill climbing. You pretty much can't go very far here without going up hills. The trick is to find the ones with good long unobstructed downhill runs to make it worth it.

Also I have a Thor seat and numerous tweaks.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master

I have a first-gen Q45 (2018) with fairly low gears for hill climbing. You pretty much can't go very far here without going up hills. The trick is to find the ones with good long unobstructed downhill runs to make it worth it.

Hi Billy, I will have to stop by sometimes to see how you installed Thor seat on Q45. I am in Sammamish.

Michael

Hi Billy, I will have to stop by sometimes to see how you installed Thor seat on Q45. I am in Sammamish.

Michael
Some other ideas:

billyk

Guru
Some other ideas:
I think the word would be "kludge". Maybe "contraption".

I was very worried about cracking the fiberglass by pressing it against a metal edg, so it has a lot of rubber gasket material. Overkill, I think.

One result is that it's not adjustable, and I kind of wish I'd made it just a bit more leaned back.

Someone here (can't find it on my phone) made a custom mount using a low temperature thermoplastic called polycaprolactone. Softens in hot water at about 160F, mold it in your hands. Really fun stuff, sort of like play-doh for grownups. A US brand I've used is Instamorph. Very hard and tough when it cools, and the best part is that if you don't like what you made, just put it back in the hot water and re-melt it.

Gofer

Hi Billy
What is your gearing on your Q-45 for hill climbing?

Gofer

There are a few 8-14% hills around here, actually the entire region. :-( Too much climbing.eell
Hello Michael
I was wondering if I could take you up on that test ride on your Q-45 ?Let me know if the offer still stands ,And when would work for you ?