Q ring upgrade - Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

NeaL

Guru
Quick question.

Do Q-rings work with front derailleurs?
My S40 suffered a collision and its 53T, 130mm outer ring got bent. I’m fixin’ to try and flatten it back out but I might just replace it, too.
If I’m going to replace it, might be a good time to try my 1st Q-ring. I still want to have the inner ring, though.

Nevermind, I’m looking on the Rotor website. It looks like the spider would need to be replaced, too? I really just want to replace the one ring.
Navigating their website on mobile kinda sucks.

Last edited:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Do Q-rings work with front derailleurs?
My S40 suffered a collision and its 53T, 130mm outer ring got bent. I’m fixin’ to try and flatten it back out but I might just replace it, too.
If I’m going to replace it, might be a good time to try my 1st Q-ring. I still want to have the inner ring, though.

Nevermind, I’m looking on the Rotor website. It looks like the spider would need to be replaced, too? I really just want to replace the one ring.
Navigating their website on mobile kinda sucks.
Neal - You should be able to find a Q-ring for a 130 setup. Unless you damaged your crank, you will not need to replace it. Usually you would have Q-ring inner and out, but trufully the inner is so small there is not much ovality to it. I have a 52 Q-ring (have had it for 5 years) - love it. It is almost mesmerizing to watch as it goes up and down. The calming effect might be better than any power gains they claim! :rolleyes:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
If your crank is small, no extra performance at all. I prefer to spin as to mash. And I suspect I've hurt someone's feelings about that. But better not to hurt the knees