Q Touring and Commuting Rack Weight Capacity

Can anyone share what the carrying capacity is for the Q Touring and Commuting Rack. I looked at the product description and tried searching the forum. Surprisingly, I couldn't find a spec for this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bret

I don't have the answer to this question, but I do have an observation. I'd also be happy to provoke responses from others about this.

The bags Cruzbike sells themselves list from "15 lbs" to "10kg". 10kg is 22 pounds. I'd expect the rack to handle two of them, but it's possible it has a lower limit.

I strapped my 4kg battery to my Touring and Commuting rack, and it swayed my steering considerably. The same in panniers bags on the rear rack which were loose at the bottom was even more pronounced.

The load transferred to my under seat rack seems to have no effect on handling.

Harmonic due to my adjustments and geometry? Insufficiently developed pedalling skills?

The battery cradle is now permanently mounted mid-line to the under seat rack mounting bosses along with the rack and that offers no negative input on handling for me.

I'd be happy to hear wisdom about using the rear rack as well.

Thanks for the response Bret. Those are good insights. Especially the part about the panniers. Unfortunately, it's hard to assume the rack capacity from the pannier capacity.

On previous bents I've used both under seat racks and behind the seat racks. As you mentioned, the under seat racks are more stable. I've gravitated to behind the seat racks and paniers when possible. Aerodynamics is one of the major advantages to bents. So, I prefer to have the panniers draft behind my seat rather than hang below where they create more resistance.

While I'm not expecting a loaded Q45 to be a performance racer, anything that can help when facing a relentless headwind can be greatly beneficial. This is not the case if it is not reliable or can't really hold much weight.

Could a C.B. staff member please pipe in here on the rack capacity?

Maybe now that the holidays have passed someone from c.b. could help out and post the capacity of these racks?

Thanks in advance.