Quest 2 wanted...

jwitten

Does anyone have a Quest 2.0 for sale in the U.S.

I'm a Sofrider owner, and an airline pilot, so I'm looking for a Quest to travel with.

Vadn1

There is one in Stoneville,

There is one in Stoneville, NC. Owner's name is Richie. It seems to be in really good condition. It apprears to have a modifed handle bar, looks to be a Rans handle bar on the bike. The owner has more pictures, only not posted up.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/bik/3594491751.html

I do not know the seller or have any affiliation with him. I too am looking for a Quest, so I came upon this 2.0. Decided to wait on purchasing a Quest for the time.

Good Luck

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
I don't think that's a RANS handlebar set...

it looks like a Freerider set. Not sure how that handlebar set may affect foldability....

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
That Quest has 559 (26"

That Quest has 559 (26" wheels), so you can't pack those wheels in the suitcase like you can with the 459 (22") wheels. This may or may not be important to different people. :)

Vadn1

I kind of missed the suit

I kind of missed the suit case part. Are you set on a Quest 2.0 with 451mm wheels? There is a Quest 1.0 for sale with 451mm wheels. The Q 1.0 would be better for travel as mentioned by Cplager.

jwitten

Thanks guys...

I may have found one! I just happen to have an airline layover in the city where its located this next week. Supposedly the version 2 model with the smaller tires, which is what I want. I found the V1 model with larger tires locally, but really need the smaller tires and quick releases for ease of travel. Apparently the guy who bought it has a titanium hip and the seat position caused some pain. Anyway, I'm taking a large suitcase to pack it home if it is actually the correct model and in descent shape.

jwitten

I bought it!

Thanks for all the post regarding my search. I did buy the Anchorage Quest 2. Dis-assembled it in my hotel room and bubble-wrapped the frame, seats, and handlebar together with strapping tape. I carried the wheels separately. The frame and wheels fit through the x-ray machine at the Anchorage airport. I placed the frame in the 737 coat closet, and the wheels behind my seat on the Flight Deck... piece of cake! I have the large Samsonite suitcase on order, but am now thinking that fitting the bike in two smaller cases that fit through the x-ray machine may be a better option? I could probably fit my helmet and other ovenight items in the wheel case as well.

It was a bit of a learning curve to dis-assemble and re-assemble the first time, but I imagine it'll be about a 15 minute job once I practice a few times. The darn chain got twisted up and it must have taken me 20 minutes to get it unraveled and positioned properly. It might actually be better just to carry a chain tool and remove it?!? That would keep it from scratching the chainstay paint as well.

When I got home the weather was terrible here in Seattle, so I just been tinkering around with it a bit (water bottle mount on the stem, quick-release rack on the rear, tool bag behind seat). I also bought some little speakers and an iPhone handlebar mounting case and now have a really nice little sound system for my rides. Too cool!! I'm looking into the 406 wheel conversion with the 2" Big Apple tires as well. Just seems like it might be a better setup for the on-road/off-road riding that I do. Our road margins are mostly dirt and gravel around my area. I've been trying to find a used Dual Drive II hub to have a wheel built, but haven't had any luck yet - any ideas or sources??

I just took the bike up to a vacant parking lot with my two little boys (6 and 8) and they had a great time racing Dadda around. Perhaps they'll each have their own Cruzbike in time... their legs are a bit short at the moment. I was going to sell my Sofrider, but now I'm thinking the Quest would be a great ride for my wife when she ventures out on ocassion, and I could ride the Sofrider. I'm just not sure she'll put in the effort to learn to ride the Cruzbike though.

Anyway, I am rambling. Thanks again for the assistance in my search!

billyk

Guru
I'll be looking for you on the B-G trail

Hi Jeff -

Just delighted to hear of another Quest rider in Seattle. You can see me on the B-G trail commuting to work (Ravenna to Sand Point) every day, rain or shine. Check out earlier posts of mine about putting a fairing on the Quest. It's a great rain solution (not foldable, though). I'll be looking for you out there!

BK

jwitten

Hi BK

I'm a UW grad and have pedaled many miles along the Burke-Gilman trail, and throughout greter Seattle. I now live down in Puyallup, and don't get up to the city too often. Once my youngest is out of 1/2 day Kindergarten, and into the 1st grade, I'll have more time for longer ventures. I use to ride home to Lake Tapps from the campus on weekends routinely. Cool fairing!!

Jeff