Race Around Slovenia

jalexartis

aleksej300x225.jpg

Aleksej DOLIN?EK, 24, is the youngest of 65 racers for this event and will ride a Silvio--the first recumbent for this event. The race begins 05/13. I published this today and will give updates on my blog. Thanks! --jim

jalexartis

Our Cruzbike racer started the race at 8:00 p.m. local [2:00 p.m. EDT]. From the Race Around Slovenia Website.
Quote:
2010-05-13 20:00:29 / headlines
and they are off. The first aleksej dolinsek has started with "lay down bicycle".

Stage1 elevation graph

ts00_ts01.jpg

ts1finalreport_thumb.png

Our recumbent rider got to TS 1 in 3 hours, 59 minutes. There are 56 riders in front of him. We'll see how this plays out over time. My blog entry is a part of the Time Station 1 Article. I'm looking for a glimmer of hope. I will wait for a final TS 2 Report before I post it.

Jim

jalexartis

gpstracking513201025909pm1.png

My first GPS Capture in this race. The recumbent rider is in 2nd place. The Canadian lady is 4th. Seventeen riders have started.

Jim

jalexartis

Starting positions [If you are curious]
Quote:
2010-05-13 20:56:11 / headlines
A question from jim Artis Were all starting positions the luck of the draw or were some assigned, e.g., the recumbent out first and Jure Robic last? Thanks! answer. Ryders were divided into groups of 6, the starting numbers were within the group given randomly on Wednesday. Groups were formed based on previous results, newcomers, low-ranking ryders from previous years and the girls were placed in the first groups. The last group of 4 ryders is selected from best 4 last year ryders, the start numbers were given randomly.

Jim

jalexartis

Elevation Profile TS 2 to TS 3 [Stage3]:

ts02_ts03.jpg

ts3finalreport1.png

TS 3 Above is the Final Report. You may also see it in my blog, with comments. It was agonizingly slow waiting for the last riders to close and get the report. I think is is less confusing to wait, than to show interim reports. Seven leaders have passed TS 5.

BTW, Aleksej's position has improved.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks!

Jim

jalexartis

picture.php

Click here to go to my blog to view the 4 gallery of pictures and view the individual pictures of Aleksej as he rides his lowracer. Thanks! --jim