Radical bike rack

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Team Larry could maybe use this idea, fly himself to events, wife next to him, his racing Vendettas strapped to the wings.

radical.jpg

Larry already knows how to fly, so to speak...

http://www.murphyair.com/detail/radical

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I remember my friend took me up in a Cessna ; whilst in Ozz. It reminded me of a lawnmower with wings. He told me if the wind was greater than 10 knots that it would be difficult to land. So I asked him what the wind was doing and he said "10 knots":eek:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I remember my friend took me up in a Cessna ; whilst in Ozz. It reminded me of a lawnmower with wings. He told me if the wind was greater than 10 knots that it would be difficult to land. So I asked him what the wind was doing and he said "10 knots":eek:
You obviously must have got down OK - or you would have another, more exiting story to tell. :)
Yes that is true. The 2 seaters are very light. And man, if you get a crosswind, they are pretty difficult to land in anything above 10 knots..
What you have to do is track down the runway with the nose pointing into the wind (the steeper the crosswind angle from the runway the harder it is to do), then as soon as you touch down, you straighten it up on the runway.
If you are lucky you don't crash!
I ran off the runway once when I doing one of my solo's. It was crazy scary - I managed to pull it back on the runway before I flipped it over - just dumb luck I'm afraid.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I grew up in light aircraft (my parents owned two, I soloed in sailplanes in 1974 and powered in 1978) and am a licensed A&P mechanic (which I haven't done since the early 1980's...same with flying). Too damned expensive to fly recreationally these days, and like the OPs picture, a little difficult to take your bikes with...

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Private, Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine Rated, Flight Instructor Rating SE Land & Instrument...had to quit flying...as mentioned above, too costly. I can't even afford to keep current now. Bummer... So I ride a bike, I can barely afford now. o_O It's the continual need to update the bling. :eek:

Last edited:

Ted

Private, Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine Rated, Flight Instructor Rating SE Land & Instrument...had to quit flying...as mentioned above, too costly. I can't even afford to keep current now. Bummer... So I ride I a bike, I can barely afford now. o_O It's the continual need to update the bling. :eek:
Yup, I'm in your exact situation Jim only I had to quit because of NAFTA back in 1992 - couldn't find another flying job in Louisiana, didn't want to leave Louisiana so found a better paying manufacturing job ...