RAGBRI

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
It will be interesting to see how many other Recumbents you see there - especially Cruzbikes.

2whluge

I rode the last two years, last year on my Q45. I think I saw one or two other CBs. I usually chat up anyone on a bent.

Knee problems this year kept me from training, so I transferred my bracelet to a friend. I’m driving the van for a couple of days just to hang with my posse.

It’s lots of fun, LOTS of food choices (not all healthy), beer everywhere all day, riding with 15,000 of your best friends.

Are you doing this alone or with a group? Self support or is someone hauling your gear? Have you ever done a week long ride before?

One last thing: don’t assume Iowa is flat. In 2021, day 1 was 84 miles, 2500 feet of climb and it was 94 and humid.1686191476202.jpeg

slitespd

Good morning. I am considering adding a S40 to my stable and was wondering about fit. Seat angles seem to be the only real fit differences in the line of Cruz bikes but do you, on your Q45, have any interference with your handlebars in slow turns? In this picture it would appear not.

2whluge

No problems at all. On my old Volae I had to worry about heel strike.

Of note, I believe that being able to adjust the seat angle is a high priority. Especially on a week long ride. The Q is the only model that does this.

slitespd

Of note, I believe that being able to adjust the seat angle is a high priority. Especially on a week long ride. The Q is the only model that does this.
It’s hard to have heel strike when moving in conjunction with the wheel isn‘t it?

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie

Do you know how many degrees you can adjust the seat angle? I find it hard to get this information. My biggest problem touring with the S40 is the seat angle is too high and I get terrible recumbutt. I never have that issue with the V20. If I can get the Q45 to an angle of about 30-35 deg, I may consider it for a touring bike. Thanks.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Do you know how many degrees you can adjust the seat angle? I find it hard to get this information. My biggest problem touring with the S40 is the seat angle is too high and I get terrible recumbutt. I never have that issue with the V20. If I can get the Q45 to an angle of about 30-35 deg, I may consider it for a touring bike. Thanks.
I solved the recumbutt issue on my S40 by adding about 1" of military grade polyethene foam. I rode it in this year's Texas BikeMS150 (Houston-LaGrange-College Station) and had no problems whatsoever.

Attachments

• 1686249501122.png
    1686249501122.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 28

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
Foam didn't work for me. I tried all kinds. I literally spent thousands of dollars on seats and modifications. I give up. Only thing that works for me is angle reduction. I put a Thor Carrier seat on my V20 and I'm happy as pie.

Puttme Ray

Doing it alone, going to use RAGBRI to move bags to next town. All the charters were full. I have done 2 week long rides Georgia and Florida Safari. Did not camp though. Saw the elevation in Iowa , Georgia was similar for a few days.

2whluge

Doing it alone, going to use RAGBRI to move bags to next town. All the charters were full. I have done 2 week long rides Georgia and Florida Safari. Did not camp though. Saw the elevation in Iowa , Georgia was similar for a few days.
You did your homework. You’ll be fine. And you’ll make lots of friends. I’m sorry I’m not riding we could have hooked up.

Puttme Ray

never good at homework but have been on this one. Hope to see more Cruzbikes but if not hope to get converts. always makes me laugh 30-40 miles in and people are standing and readjusting there placement on a saddle. Was thinking about signs Angela put on her bike during BRAG. May have a sign “ How is that _ss”. “Butt, I could have had more fun on a Cruzbike”. “ “ It is not my mind that is numb”. Probably stay quiet and make sure I can finish each day.

CuHead

$300 to register for RAGBRAI now. That seems about $270 too much. Are there any interesting stories about DNRs? Riders who Did Not Register?

Sketch44

I’m going to do the day that ends in Ames and the day that ends in Des Moines. I saw one CB last year and he was kicking ass. Mine bike is a teal and orange S40. My ride name is Biscuit McGravey…. But you can also call me Bill. . Would love to see any of you out there! ( I couldn’t get registered so I’m going DNR.)

Puttme Ray

Ok so far 10,000 plus rider 1 other Cruzbike so far Jim from California. Amazing mass of people, cant believe so many willing to suffer for a week. So far beautiful ride, nice people. Bill hope to see you I am in main campground starting around 6am hopefully

Sketch44

Ok so far 10,000 plus rider 1 other Cruzbike so far Jim from California. Amazing mass of people, cant believe so many willing to suffer for a week. So far beautiful ride, nice people. Bill hope to see you I am in main campground starting around 6am hopefully

Attachments

• E3F2C0DF-BCE0-40A6-A8F9-03D635B42116.jpeg
    E3F2C0DF-BCE0-40A6-A8F9-03D635B42116.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 7

Puttme Ray

No Cruzbike sightings however have seen and catted with Brian recumbent rider from Florida Safari. Interesting that still have only seen handful of recumbents. People so stuck in what a bicycle is supposed to be no matter how painful. Thanks Jim and Maria