Range of tires sizes to use with Cruzbike 700c Aero 67s road wheels

kenhardwick

Need new tires for my Silvio with Cruzbike 700c Aero 67s road wheels.

What range of tire sizes can be on the Cruzbike 700c Aero 67s road wheels ?
What range of tire sizes can be used on the Silvio ?

Need recommendations for specfic tire brand/model. More worried about limiting number of flats as compared to being fast.

Thanks,

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Up to 700x,28. 
Lots of fast

Up to 700x,28.

Lots of fast tires out there, you can search and pull up rolling resistance tests etc. I think mitchelin also released a tour tire claiming a big improvement in grip.

Hilry

Tyres

Hi Ken,

I have Vittoria kevlar 700c x 28 tyres on my bikes, two different types of them, and they do seem to reduce the puncture occurences significantly but they're quite slim 28s and can be inflated to firm and I don't notice a higher rolling resistance.

kenhardwick

700x28 purchased

Hilary-thanks for you feedback-

I've purchased something similar to your Vittoria kevlar 700c x 28 - I purchased a pair of
Continental Gator Hardshell Duraskin Urban Premium Bicycle Tires size 700x28

I haven't yet installed them as I am recovering from a broken fibula in my left leg. Had a blow out on the front tire my Silvio about 4 weeks ago. Went down hard and twisted my leg such that I had a hairline fracture in my fibula.

Looking forward to getting back on my Silvio soon and trying out the 700x28's

georgec

Schwalbe 700 x 28C did not fit

FWIW, I put a Silvio 1.5 frameset together this past month. My LBS recommended 700 x 28C Schwalbe reflex tire, but when they got the tires mounted they were too tight. I don't know the exact tire model, but I think it might have been the Schwalbe Marathon Plus W tire, 700 x 28c - black/reflex.

In any event, I ended up with the 700 x 25C Continential Gatorskins, that seem quite nice, and, so far, are taking auite a beating as I figure out the bike and my commute.