Rear Brake Cable

Jeffery Kendall

First I would like to thank all of the people who have posted on this forum as everything on here has been most helpful.

I received my Silvio three weeks ago but was on a business trip so I have been building since for a week. I have been able to resolve all my questions so far except for the rear break cable which is too short. I went with the Shimano Ultegra triple package and the rear brake cable is way too short. I bought a 55 inch cable and it is also too short by 5 inches as well. What length do you normally need for the rear break?
Also I did not get a barrel adjuster for the front derailleur which I just need to find the right bike shop or order the one that was recommended on this forum.
I'm really looking forward to doing the Fred Flintstone but I need brakes first and then I need the shifters as well.
For those who also have very bad road conditions (lots of growing pot holes) and want to go with a larger tire, a 700C-32 does not quite fit; it rubs the top of the forks. My 700c-28 should be here today.

Jeff

Jeffery Kendall

Thanks Mark that is what I came across today at another bike shop and I was able to get the barrel adjuster as well. So I now have breaks and now need to get the shifters working.
New tires installed so I'm real close.

Jeff