Rear disc adaptater for disc brake ?

rebouillat

Hi,
Is it possible to find this adaptater for my softrider v2 ?
Is somebody selling it ? or could I have a detailled plan in order for a machinist to do it for me ?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier
Montr?al, QU?bec

JonB

Zen MBB Master
rebouillat wrote: Hi,
Is it possible to find this adaptater for my softrider v2 ?
Is somebody selling it ? or could I have a detailled plan in order for a machinist to do it for me ?
Probably a machinist. But why would you want a diskbrake on the rear wheel of a sofrider? I can block my freeriders rear wheel using the standard rim brakes that it came with.

rebouillat

Thanks for your reply.
In fact, I'm an all year commuter and all my bikes have discs brakes...rare maintenance, brake power whatever the weather, and good durability of pads..
But for the moment I won't use my softrider to commuter, I'm not enough confident and people drive so crazy in montreal...so your're certainely right, perhaps no need for the rear.

Olivier

JonB

Zen MBB Master
rebouillat wrote: Thanks for your reply.
In fact, I'm an all year commuter and all my bikes have discs brakes...rare maintenance, brake power whatever the weather, and good durability of pads..
But for the moment I won't use my softrider to commuter, I'm not enough confident and people drive so crazy in montreal...so your're certainely right, perhaps no need for the rear.
I also use my freerider nearly all year long, in Copenhagen. Because of a few bad snow related crashes i dont drive 2 wheeled bikes in snow. And i dont yet have a 3 wheeled. If you want you can get a drumbrake for the rear wheel. Or a rollerbrake. I think there are even some with a built in dynamo so you can get a good lighting. These kinds of brakes should be even more maintenance free than disk brakes.

Trevski

JonB wrote:
But why would you want a diskbrake on the rear wheel of a sofrider?

I came across this post because I was searching for a ready made rear calliper mount. I rode home from work in the rain last Monday. Didn't use my back brakes, as they sounded like I was using 80 grit sandpaper for brake pads. Got home, and the whole rear swing arm was covered with sand thrown up by the tyre. Long term, I reckon replacing pads would be cheaper than replacing wheels, and so I intend to go disc front and rear ASAP. For those who only ride in the dry, probably not worth it.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
A2Z Disc Brake Adapter

I tried this; unfortunately it doesn't work because it's designed for a vertical dropout, and the Sofrider uses a horizontal dropout. I even modified it, but wasn't happy with the result.

I was able to make a simple adapter out of aluminum stock that works very well. I used a manual milling machine, put it can be made with a drill press and a grinder just as well.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/db1488/V2K-29er-02.jpg

I can provide you with a 1:1 drawing if you are interested.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
E-mail me...

Hi Bill,

E-mail me at hardtailcruzer (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll attach it to the return e-mail.

Goes for everyone who wants it.

Best,

Doug

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
E-mail me...

Hi Bill,

E-mail me at hardtailcruzer (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll attach it to the return e-mail.

Goes for everyone who wants it.

Best,

Doug

Nanda Holz

Doug, would to take $50 to

Doug, would to take $50 to make me a bracket (I'll take 2)? Maybe we can get some others to bite and get a small order going?