Rear suspension upgrade available?

Glory707

I've got about 400+ miles on my recently purchased Silvio and I'm looking for ways to make my relatively passive rear suspension a bit more active due to my tailbone getting beat up and sore after about 20 miles into a ride.I often encounter rough roads here in Sonoma County and the urethane bumper that comes stock on this bike just isn't cutting it.I've upgraded the foam in the seat and it's helped only somewhat.Does anyone out there have the spec. for how much travel the carbon "chainstays" can handle?I've been perusing the McMaster-Carr website, looking at compact air suspension as well as hydraulic bumpers.

Don't bother suggesting lowering my tire pressure.

mickjordan

Re Sonoma

Sonoma County road surfaces truly suck. The area is great riding but.. I almost quit doing the Terrible Two over the road conditions. Did you ride a different recumbent before or a DF? If the latter, I would have thought that any suspension would be an improvement? But I agree that the seat feels hard compared to, say, a Bachetta. Although really my arms are what suffer on a DF road bike.

Glory707

Terrible Two

Mick,

Props to you for completing the Terrible Two.It looks brutal.Did you complete it on a Silvio?

mickjordan

Re Terrible Two

No, I'm new to the recumbent world. I did it fastish in 2009 on a Trek carbon 5200, and slower last year on my Waterford steel bike that I use for brevets. I'm looking forward to a faster time on the Silvio. However, not this year as I'll be doing tne San Francisco Randonneurs 1000K ride around that time.