Receiving or Giving a Cruzbike for Christmas?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Who here is getting, hoping to get or giving a Cruzbike for Christmas? I've never had the typical "bike under the tree" experience, but I was wondering if any of you might get to relive that joy of childhood this year.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Well, no Cruzbike under my tree, but...

I did get a mini-doughnut maker, so I guess I'll need to get back on the bike soon to offset all these delicious calories I've consumed!

DaveW124

Silvio for Christmas

My new Silvio arrved yesterday and I have spent a good part of today putting it together. Its a Christmas gift for mysef with the full consent of my dear wife. If it gets me out of the house and keeps me healthy and less cranky, she figures it is plenty worth it.

My components wil be in in the next week or so. My LBS mechanic is going to help with the final adjustments on the bike. Although he is not much of a recumbent fan he is rather intrigued by the Cruzbike and so has offered to help out gree of charge. Once it is althogether it will be trainer times until the spring arrives.

So - MERRY CHRISTMAS to me and to all the other silvio owners and cruzbikers out there.

DaveW
London, Ontario
Canada

curtisc

Quest for Christmas

I am getting a Quest for Christmas although it won't be here until after Jan 1st and I am very excited. I owned a Sofrider for about 6 months earlier this year which I sold in September. Not because I wanted to but because I could not take it with me.

I am a full time RVer which in the US means that my wife and I live in a fifth wheel trailer all the time. And I discovered that it was going to cost me about $700 to add a hitch and bike carrier to my trailer to carry the Sofrider. So I decided I would rather put the $700 into an upgrade to the Quest than a hitch. Thus the sale of the Sofrider and the wait for a used Quest which came available on this forum a couple of weeks back. I would have the bike before now if it weren't for the fact that I was in motion and could not have it shipped to me before Jan 1st.

So I will begin 2013 with the Quest continuing to increase my experience riding a Cruzbike. I was able to make the transition to the Sofrider and now need to increase my experience and thus my comfort level. And the benefit is I can fold the Quest up and put it in a storage area when we change locations. The best of both worlds. Can't wait for it to get to me.

Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year.

curtisc

Got It

My Quest arrived Friday night. Saturday I unpacked and assembled it and got my first short ride. The first loop around the campground was a little wobbly, but it came back fairly quickly. Sunday made some adjustments and got in my second ride. Monday was longer still, but the rains came today and there was no riding.

Am really pleased to be back on a Cruzbike and am pleased with how it will fit into the RV.