Record for V20C to take.

I've been watching a video from GCN where Hank and ultra endurance racer Mark Beaumont break the two man relay record for Lands End to John'O'Groats at 39 hours, then watched a video where Michael Broadwith breaks the solo record doing 44 hours and thought "Thats a prime contender for someone to break it on a V20 Vendetta. Discuss.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
What a great challenge. I love those Argon bikes too. Most beautiful 1 I have seen in a shop is this one.
A18FS20E7TD_40837.jpg
It is funny you mention this, just today after a bout of food poisoning over the weekend I was able to get out for a ride and all I could muster was 95km on 140 watts. The TABR that starts in June was ever so slightly on my radar this year, but my work isn't agreeing and my fitness is not where it needs to be. During today's ride I was thinking to include the Strava data to show other riders who seem interested in ultra distance just how efficient V20s are and how I feel that a V20 would be perfect for those kinds of rides. My CdA sucked today at 0.244, but in that kind ?of race it probably would be closer to reality than my usual sprints up and down the river, and I think or hope that other DF riders would consider a V20 after seeing just how much more efficient they could be compared with their DF bike. It is probably too late this year for them to switch, but maybe next? I'd be interested in a supported event, but feel like I am more of a self-supported kind of rider since I basically always ride alone. As you likely know the V20 has done extremely well in supported events, and I'd love to see it in more of both.

Last edited:

Don1

Guru
I'm always amazed that very few riders actually think about efficiency. It's taken three years for my ride mates to use a tyres pressure calulator or use a tight fitting jersey....Let alone ask me how fast I go with so few watts. It just doesn't click.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well I think the last time gcn attempted that, I think they waited for the wind to be in their favor.

YOGA_O

I've been watching a video from GCN where Hank and ultra endurance racer Mark Beaumont break the two man relay record for Lands End to John'O'Groats at 39 hours, then watched a video where Michael Broadwith breaks the solo record doing 44 hours and thought "Thats a prime contender for someone to break it on a V20 Vendetta. Discuss.
GCN has a new video up titled:

Radical, Cheap, BANNED! | Did The UCI Ruin Road Bikes Forever?​

At the end, they surmise that maybe, just maybe, it might make sense to ride bikes that don't meet UCI standards, and that a non-UCI bike just might be able to go faster. I suggested they give a V20 a go.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Pretty sure you are talking about that giant .... it was a bit heavy. Just imagine a modern carbon composite frame with more aero front forks and a disc wheel at the back... phenomenal idea for some bike company wanting to sell bikes to win KOMs or to be a weekend warrior... certainly would make the v20 cyclists work a bit harder.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Pretty sure you are talking about that giant .... it was a bit heavy. Just imagine a modern carbon composite frame with more aero front forks and a disc wheel at the back... phenomenal idea for some bike company wanting to sell bikes to win KOMs or to be a weekend warrior... certainly would make the v20 cyclists work a bit harder.
I watched the video and left a comment too, but they royally jacked up that test, and video editing. Different wheels, taking time out during the effort the shake the bike around to say how the handling is different. I get it that their job is to generate controversy for advertising dollars but that and their disdain for recumbents when they had the noob curly-haired dude trying to start on an uphill in the wrong gear on a low racer with something like a 65 tooth chainring, and at another time uncontrollably heading towards a tire barrier whimpering like a toddler all the while replaying the "you gotta smile" numerous times... I unsubscribed from GCN.