Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway

Maria Parker

Administrator
Join us for the Blueridge Ride for a Cure! Jim, Lucia and I will be part of a small group riding the entirety of the Blueridge Parkway May18-26 to raise money for brain cancer research and for the joy of it! We would really love to have other Cruzbike Tribe members join us. This is not a race - we'll take it at a leisurely pace with sag support and frequent breaks. It is, however, a challenging ride that will require fitness. The fundraising requirement of $2800 includes 8 nights lodging, all meals, snacks and sag support along the way and a beautiful bucket-list experience. Hope to ride with you! 3000milestoacure.com

6496-2261912341990486c7530bfff47d81df.jpg

“You can expect to climb 48,600 feet over the course of 7 days.” I wish I had that much power, stamina, and time availability. This sounds like a great cause and wonderful experience. For comparison I’ve participated in Ohio’s Pelotonia to raise money for general cancer research ($2500 minimum for weekend ride) and have considered riding this same trip over 10 days ($4400). This will be quite a deal. Maybe next year?

Maria Parker

Administrator
Thanks Matthew! We hope to do it or something like it every year. Getting the hotel reservations ahead of time is key (especially at the beautiful states parks right on the course).