S40 questions

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Please let me know if it indeed works. It took me a while to find that website that sells the skewer that I thought should work.

nobrakes

I will report back - I have been unsuccessfully looking for one that would fit the V for a while so will jump on this possibility straight away. Would be nice to have a definitive thread that says ‘this one works’ :)

Cheers

Front mudguards (fenders) - what have you used and how did you mount them?

I have a pair of SKS raceblades kicking around the workshop, but they don't seem to match the required radius - I have a sneaking suspicion that they may have been bought for a 26" wheel

Bill K

Guru
I'm using the Velo Orange Zeppelin fender. It is designed for 650b but fits 650b x 42 or 700c x 28 with good clearance.
There is a picture of them here:
https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/s40-tire-size.12180/#post-142891
I used the mounting hardware that comes with the fenders, plus a pair of 1" accessory mounting clamps from TeraCycle to clamp to the front fork.
The round clamps need to be heated (in boiling water) and then flattened a bit to fit the oval shape of the front fork.

nobrakes

Had to add a couple of washers under the skewer nut and do a little filing on the trainer cups, as the way it recesses into the frame meant the trainer cups were pressing against the frame. A bit of futzing did the trick.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Had to add a couple of washers under the skewer nut and do a little filing on the trainer cups, as the way it recesses into the frame meant the trainer cups were pressing against the frame. A bit of futzing did the trick.
Great to hear! Now I know where to buy the skewer if I ever need one for my S40.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I just ordered the skewer as well. I am changing the trainer to be a sort-of-smart trainer from a smart trainer. Just way too much hassle to put the bike on and off the smart trainer with all the mounting, remounting and adjustments needed every time.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Front Derailleur! Just finished my S40 build and the biggest problem is the FD braze on tab. Using a Sram Yaw double (50:34) and the tab puts the derailleur cage in such a bad angle that successful shifting to the big ring is just about impossible. Also the lowest position on the tab still leaves the derailleur too high. Anybody out there with any thoughts.?