Sad announcement

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
What??

What does that announcement in Maria Parker's blog mean for the future of Cruzbike?

Without the design genius of John Tolhurst.....what next??

KM

Wannabe

i found this

http://cruzbike.com/changes-cruzbike

Thank You John for making available the best 2 wheel conveyance I have ever piloted! That includes my time as an amateur M/C racer.

Jim and Maria, I wish you the best. I for one, plan on buying a sofrider or Quest. My Riding pals here in South Louisiana seem to realy like my Silvio 2.0. I want them to be able to ride a CB. I think the SR ot Q, will be less intimidating. When they are not riding it, I want to get my wife to give it a go.

Kungfuguy

I think something had to

I think something had to change. The stakeholders of CB seldom joined the forums, there was no moderator, or PR person. There was no voice to CB. The development of the high end bikes was a detriment to the low end models. The vendetta and silvio are race models that can't race in the races that really matter: UCI races.

The vendetta is the lamborghini of CB. How many are you going to sell? Great show stopper and bragging rights, but serves no purpose. The quest and softrider are too dated, uncool and should go. The silvio should be developed in to low, med, and high models. Adjust the seating angle. With some luck, marketing and better pricing, things could turn around.

BentAero

Be positive!

Is your glass half full, or half empty?

Let's all try to stay positive in what has to be a very emotional time for John, Jim, and Maria.

Great things lie ahead for CB!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
John,
      The Cruzbike

John,
The Cruzbike community will miss you and your incredibility well designed FWD MBB recumbents, especially the Silvio!

?When comparing the Silvio with other Recumbents for the BROL awards, I could not believe how much BETTER and Smoother the Silvio is compared to the other contenders!

Cruzbike Silvio S30 Should be the recumbent Bike of the Year 2014 for the following 10 reasons, when compared to the other contenders:-
The only one with suspension, with the best front 40 mm air bag suspension EVER!
The only one with disk OR rim braking!
The only one with a direct STRONG connection between the handle bars and the BB, AND from the BB to the wheel creating the STRONGEST Power triangle of ANY recumbent!
The only one where you can use your upper body, and there is a straight line from the shoulders, hands and BB.
The only one where there are many positions/angles for the hands, using standard handle bars to reach the optimum wrist position, and no very long dedicated bars with flex and ONE awkward looking wrist position.
The only one with Hydro formed smooth aerodynamic cross sectioned frame that does not have lots of gaps between seat and frame, struts, or sudden changes in frame shape/direction.
The only one without seat struts to the rear frame creating more wind drag.
Only ONE length of chain used, instead of three, AND no friction grabbing guide pulleys, or changes in direction in the loaded chain was used in its manufacture!
The only one with easy adjustment of BB to seat height to suit the rider, by the 100 mm Chainstay extension.
The only one with a built in kneck rest.

I wish you well in future endeavors, and hope they are a successful as your Cruzbike endevour.

Regards

currystomper

Thanks for my S1.5 John.

John

yes just to add my thanks for all your technical input into the Cruzbike project.

Had many a great adventure on my conversion and now really enjoying my S1.5. I can see these type of bikes being the standard type of bikes in the world at some point. However while the UCI are retreating back to Classic "Diamond" designs it may that some time for people to see the light.

It has been some ride!!

CS

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Fear not Cruzbike community -

Fear not Cruzbike community - there will be be great things in the future for the existing bikes as well as for the evolution of our bikes.

The direction is forward - that has always been the case with Cruzbike and most certainly still will continue to be. Stay tuned. The Cruzbike community is the best group of dedicated riders out there and that will only grow.

Robert

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
+ 1 Robert
I look forward to

+ 1 Robert

I look forward to the continued evolution of Cruzbike and am thrilled to a part of this great community. I'm sure great things are to come and understand sometimes productive change is necessary to move forward.

To you John, I wish you all the best and good luck in your future endeavors!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Invention is the formulation of new ideas for products or processes it is often a solitary endeavor of brilliance and insight. Innovation is all about the practical application of new inventions into marketable products or servers. I will always appreciate John's version of the MBB and his invention of a form delivered to me as a Cruzbike. In truth I have a profound appreciation for the bikes in my garage what it took to create them and the singular vision that takes to reach the current level we now enjoy.

I fully expect to see continued innovation from Cruzbike the company; you can hire engineers and manufacturing experts to carry inventions forward through innovation and evolution. I see this change as a good sign that Cruzbike the company is itself entering a period of evolution, from boutique to business. I am sure we will see growing pains, especially as much as we interact here in this space, but I have no real concerns about which brand of bikes will continue to be in my garage for years to come.

There are plenty of amazing bikes you can buy from artisans at three to five times the cost of a Cruzbike, yet there is still room to improve theses wonderful machines. That illustrates that what came before was good, but that the journey is not over.

Add my voice to those: wishing John the best in whatever he does next. To that, I will add my appreciation to the company as a whole for recognizing a tough situation and choosing to actually make a decision and set a direction. And finally to Jim, Maria, Robert and the host of others we do not hear from.... I think will are in good hands for the future.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,I agree strongly with

Hi,

I agree strongly with what Robert says. Cruzbike will continue to do well.

I also want to voice my very strong appreciation for the bikes that John T. designed. We expect very good things from you in the future. I wish you the very best and look forward to see what surprises you have in store for us.

Finally, I wanted to say, I finally think I understand how this feels to me:

\begin{sappy}

It's a divorce and we're the children.

Mommy and daddy still love each other, but realize they shouldn't be together anymore. It isn't anybody's fault; sometimes people grow apart. But remember fellow Cruzbike kids, mommy and daddy will love us always, just like they did before.

\end{sappy}

Cheers,
Charles

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Bitchen Bikes

Thanks, Mr. Tolhurst, your bikes changed my life for the better.

Time marches on & things change.

Cheers!

-Steve

Kim Tolhurst

Cruzbiking Australia

www.cruzbiking.com.au

For my Australian friends, clients, cycling buddies and lookers to be any of these, my mission stays like this.

To back Cruzbike with all I can to show you, its just a bicycle and like the most popular 'steak house' in town, sell the 'sizzle',

and people will buy the meat.

Juicy/fast, tender/comfortable, served hot/ready to go.

sincerely,

Kim.

ps, hey John,
I guess the family will
be happy, us boys can
now talk about something
else !

chrisblessing

Thanks

John, so many thanks for a great design, one that coaxed me back into riding after several years off a bike. I wish you best, and trust you'll find ample ways to employ your considerable talents.

Like the others, I look forward to the future of Cruzbike in the able hands of Maria and Jim.

Chris

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Thank You John T.

Hey John T,

I do not own a Cruzbike, couldn't afford one, but I made a DIY MBB inspired by the Silvio. The first time I saw a picture of the Silvio I just wanted to try this MBB stuff! The Silvio is the most elegant 2wheeled recumbent bike I ever saw.

I think you are a greatly gifted engineer/designer. Natural gifts and talents come from God. Your gift will always be with you and it will continue show up one way or another.

May you live to enjoy the bikes you created.

./A. Koros

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Dad took the stabilisers off,

Dad took the stabilisers off, and I was wobbling all over the place. Eventually I got used to it, and was riding bikes without thinking.

I got a 'bent. Everone thought I was daft, especially when they saw me attempting to actually use it. Now I whizz around on the Grasshopper as if I was born riding it. Everyone thinks I am daft.

So I am surprised to find myself owning a Silvio2, enjoying it immensely, and gradually getting better balanced on it. Everyone thinks I am daft.

Thank you John for a radically new way of falling off. This old central nervous system is getting another re-wiring. I like to learn stuff.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
My Vendetta has suck

My Vendetta has suck beautiful lines I feel bad about riding it, I almost think I should hang it above my fireplace as artwork instead.

There isn't anything stopping you from riding it and storing it above your fireplace to look at. :D

Ivan

Guru
I am a bit late as I only

I am a bit late as I only just read the news. Much of the words said echo my feelings. It is sad to hear because we owners feel close to this small company. I am proud to ride one of the earlier Silvio 2's produced.

John, thank you for your innovation and gifting us with a truly unique bicycle. It has taken me further and faster than would have been possible on my wedgie DF. God's blessings on you as you move on to your next venture.

Jim and Maria and the rest of the Cruzbike team, we continue to look forward to being part of the family and of course wish you the best in the upcoming challenge of bringing the company forward. Your recent TTrike project really looks exciting. I feel a bond with Cruzbike and my Silvio to a level I don't have with my previous bikes (and that includes my current Brompton - which is saying something given how loyal that user base is!). Thank you also for bringing these great bikes to us.