Saddle/Handlebar Bags

mgraham

I'm starting to get the hang of this thing and even successfully took it out for a quick 14 mile jaunt the other day, which got me to thinking about storing phones, tubes, etc.

My idea was to find a seat bag or possibly a handlebar bag to mount to the back of the V2K seat. Does anyone have any thoughts on brands or strap configurations that work better than others? I've got a banjo brothers handlebar bag that I'm going to try to rig up tonight, but I thought that I'd float my thought out there to the more experienced community. I know that some of you have machined your own bags and racks and everything, but I'm not quite that committed at this point!

hurri47

The Angletech Aeropod ($160

The Angletech Aeropod ($160 usd new - yikes) fits perfectly and will hold a cat and a litter of kittens with room left over for a two-liter water bladder and your jacket.

-Dan

Shahmatt

@ Charles,
LoL. Indeed. Here

@ Charles,

LoL. Indeed. Here are some. Apologies for the quality.

Bag attached:

IMG_20140306_220455.jpg height:315px;

Bag detached:

IMG_20140306_220806.jpg  width:314px

Shahmatt

I purchased a Basil BasEasy

I purchased a Basil BasEasy Carrier Rack and BasEasy System II Stem Bracket.

The stem bracket is attached to my seat-post instead of the stem. The bracket is rated for 5kgs.

I've tied the rack on to my regular Vaude 13L backpack. I imagine that the rack can be attached to a variety of bags that are not specifically designed for cycling use. It is quite versatile.

I wear the backpack with the rack still on at all times. When I want to mount it to the bike I simply slide it back on to the bracket. It locks in firmly when properly inserted. It's also very easy to detach the rack (and hence bag) with the quick release.

There are a number of similar options out there such as the Rixen Kaul Klickfix Vario rack and Xootr CrossRack. But this option was the cheapest for me. I actually bought two racks for just $3.50 each on sale (the bracket cost me a bit more) - the idea was to attach to two different bag types for easy switching as and when needed. So far so good.

Edit: Misspelling

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I agree with Ivan. Nicely

I agree with Ivan. Nicely done and very practical for commuting. Your rack is very helpful as it holds some of the weight and makes sure it stays out of the wheel.