Seat cushion and coccyx friction

Vargas

The Cruzbike seat back EVA foam is softer than the seat base one. I think that if the seat base EVA foam was as soft as the seat back one (maybe a little bit thicker) it would me much more comfortable.

I bought a Ventisit. It feels more comfortable at the seat than the original one. But if feels harder on the seat back. I think it is because of the different EVA foam densities in the original one.

Anyway I am using the Ventisit. The problem I found with the Ventisit is that it doesn't have a cover and the material is quite rough. I started feeling the friction on my coccyx and it is quite annoying.

I thought on buying padded bike shorts. But I am afraid the padding between the legs might chafe me - I'd be changing coccyx chafing by thigh chafing.

Does anyone there wear padded bike shorts? Anyone there with sensitive coccyx?

kenhardwick

Padded Bike Shorts/Gel Padded Seat cushion

Jose,
I ride my Silvio all the time with padded bike shorts. Absolutely no issues as far as chafing of any areas. Figure the padding gives me more cushioning.
As far as seat cushion..I have purchased and installed a gel padding inside my seat cushion. Placed the gel pad inside and below the foam pad that came with my Silvio. The brand I purchased was WonderGel.
http://www.wondergel.com/index.html

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
If you want to ride with

Hi,

If you want to ride with padded shorts, there is no reason not to. If you are trying to avoid it, can you make a (padded?) cover for the Ventisit pad?

Cheers,
Charles

Vargas

Hi Ken and Charles,
I'll try

Hi Ken and Charles,

I'll try padded shorts.

I din't want to but I am turning into a mamil...or an aamil...