Seattle Area Uber-Meet : Parker Meetup

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Attention Seattle Area cruzbikers.

Meet at the Peleton Cafe between 5-8PM on Thursday Aug 2nd, east of Downtown seattle.
http://www.pelotonseattle.com/
1220 E Jefferson Street
206-569-4265

There is beer/coffee and light snacks? but the kitchen closes at 4.

Enjoy an evening with Jim and Maria Parker as they pass through town and connect with some other local Cruzbike (and Bent) riders.
Cheers!

billyk

Guru
Hi @Lief . I'll try to make it, though it doesn't look like an easy place to ride to (on my new Q45!). I'll definitely be sweaty after riding up that hill. But I guess the Parkers are used to sweaty riders ...

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Thanks @Lief for setting this up. I look forward to seeing anyone that can make it.
You are most welcome @Maria
I’ll settle for the NEXT opportunity to visit.

FYI - I heard back on an inquiry I made to Peleton a week ago. Sounds like it might be crowded + tacos!

I don’t recommend making changes to the plan now but - full disclosure.
______
Hey, Lief. Thursdays is the only night of the week that we provide dinner service ("taco night"). The place is usually packed - all 22 indoor seats, 4 outdoor seats, and our 12 spot bike rack are occupied for most of the evening. We like to host meetups like the one you are planning on either a Wednesday or Friday evening because those days are much calmer here. Your group is welcome to come by and check it out, but Thursdays during taco night might not be the best time for us to host an event.

- Paul

billyk

Guru
Sorry I didn’t see this in time Billy, I am out of state.
I hope you all got a chance to meet up.
Yeah, it was great. 6 of us showed up (including a Q45 - mine - and an S40) plus the Parkers, and we had a fine time talking bike stuff and eating tacos. They were extremely forthcoming about the bike biz, and very down to earth. Altogether an excellent evening. Too bad you couldn't make it.

Let's have another with-bikes meet up before the summer is over.