Setup advice please

Kencumbent

Hi all,

first post. I'm trying to buy a Vendetta and I'm looking for some info to help me get it together, as they say.

Ive asked for a quote on a complete bike and haven't had a response yet so until I do I'm proceeding on finding out what I need to build one up. Here's my questions:

- do Radical Banana S panniers fit? It looks to me like they're the bags in the YouTube vid of some French guys which I can't find again but I'm not sure.

- are the Cruzbike wheels disc brake compatible?

- can the Cruzbike wheels have a SON dynamo laced into them? In particular a disc brake unit.

- is there anything that is a good idea to do when fitting Q-rings?

- for brake and shift cables, is there a suitable set to be bought or am I better to buy a roll of outer and inner and a cutting tool?

- is the build manual available to peruse before purchase as it probably answers 95% of the other questions rattling around in my head?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Jeremy S

Dude
Silvio owner here but I

Silvio owner here but I should be able to help with a few of these...

- are the Cruzbike wheels disc brake compatible?
No.

- is there anything that is a good idea to do when fitting Q-rings?
See these if you haven't:

http://cruzbike.com/q-ring-upgrade-ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......
http://cruzbike.com/adjusting-elliptical-or-ovoid-chainwheels
- for brake and shift cables, is there a suitable set to be bought or am I better to buy a roll of outer and inner and a cutting tool?
You will probably need an extra-long cable for the rear brake, I would go with long rolls of cable and a cutting tool (and file for the ends).

- is the build manual available to peruse before purchase as it probably answers 95% of the other questions rattling around in my head?
Go to Bikes -> Vendetta -> Links to download specs and brochures (below the Your Options section) -> Vendetta Assembly Manual V2.0

- do Radical Banana S

- do Radical Banana S panniers fit? It looks to me like they're the bags in the YouTube vid of some French guys which I can't find again but I'm not sure.

Can't seem to find the video other than on my hard disk ;) Must be Marcel Flaux from Grenoble. Now if that is size "M", I don't know.

Cheers, Martin

01.jpg height:623px; width:594px
02.jpg height:447px; width:409px

03.jpg  width:436px
04.jpg height:586px; width:648px

Kencumbent

Jeremy S, thank you very

Jeremy S, thank you very much!

I'll get the manual now.

Supertramp, you are a God!!

yes indeed they look to be Banana S bags. Fantastic, that's just what I need for commuting, and I won't even have to fill them to carry my stuff so they'll sit closer in.

It it also looks like he's using the Azub seat bag, and it doesn't look like he has had to make a mount for it, so even better.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Radical also make a slightly

Radical also make a slightly smaller set of those bags that fit VERY well too. Ill post a pic later of them on a Vendetta.

Robert

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Okay, here is my bad-boy

Okay, here is my bad-boy ready for touring. Equipped with Radical Bandana Racers and Bent-up Aero bag.

Red looks better on my Silvio than the Vendetta, but you get the idea.

Note the seat is a Hostel Shoppe CF and not stock. But I don't see why the bags would not work on the stock seat as well.

14933387910_cc5602c78f_c.jpg height:452px

15117044501_3819f93938_c.jpg height:452px

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the smaller Radical

Here are the smaller Radical bags on a V.

Also a Viscacha bag and a Norback bag underneath.

:)
photo%201(2).JPG

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
norback on version 2 hydroform frame.

Robert,

I see that's a version 1 Vendetta, I tried the Norback on a HydroForm Vendetta 2 and it didn't work so well; it likes to slide into the tire. I didn't spend a lot of time trying to get it to work. Just a heads up for anyone that wants to try; it might be fiddly.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
It seems on a version 2 V if

It seems on a version 2 V if you routed a double sided velcro extension strap under the seat that would help keep it up front (?)