Silvio 2.0+ Split Elastomer

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Friends, I just noticed that the bushing (?) under the seat on my Silvio 2.0+ is splitting. Has anyone else had this happen? Are these parts still available and can I get a replacement from Cruzbike? TIA

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Ok, I've never disassembled the rear triangle before. I presume that this is what I have to do to install the new elastomer. Would a knowledgeable tribe member be so kind as to give me some guidance on how to do this?

BTW, thanks, Robert, for the replacement part. :cruzbike:

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Thanks...I had seen that but I was hoping for some insight as to what actual steps to follow to dismantle the rear triangle. I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start to replace the elastomer.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
@super slim I think it was you that had a post on how you changed your elastomer to a different suspension component. Would that include enough info to help @Always-Learnin do a simple elastomer replacement?
That was on a Silvio V1.0 changing from 12 mm travel poly to 25 mm travel air bag, which cannot be done on the Silvio S30, as the Poly goes into the frame.
If you tip the bike upside down, resisting on the handle bars and the headrest, remove the rear wheel, then undo the 4 bolts at the plate spring to frame connection, the CF/titanium rear chainstay? will deflect very easily, to allow access to the Poly spring, to remove it and replace with the new one.

Last edited:

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Well, I went for it using the input from Super Slim. I eventually managed to get the 'new' elastomer in place, but it was a booger to get in. I had to shave off some rubber just to get it to go into the retention hole. I almost think the new one was designed to be inserted into the hole from the topside instead of the underside. In any case, it's in and seems to be working ok. Thank you fellow Tribe members for your always excellent support and advice.