Silvio 2.1 bag advice

Watsuking

hello, new silvio 2.1 owner looking for recommendations on what kind of bags would be suitable for this model besides the scarab bag and the sling pack. I was hoping to find something that would fit behind the seat above the rear wheel. I'd like to avoid adding a pannier rack. Any suggestions?

hello, new silvio 2.1 owner looking for recommendations on what kind of bags would be suitable for this model besides the scarab bag and the sling pack. I was hoping to find something that would fit behind the seat above the rear wheel. I'd like to avoid adding a pannier rack. Any suggestions?
Check out post #2 in the thread by Ivan. There is a pic with his 2.0 https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/silvio-2-0-boom-slider-replaced.12726/#post-151140. He uses a relevant design pika bag.

Watsuking

Definitely on the right track with this. I had been considering the space below the water bottle holder however i like how this uses the headrest as an anchor. Looks great. Cheers!

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I won't try to talk you into putting a rack on your Silvio, but it is what I did, and rather like the way it came out. I didn't want something big and heavy, so I went with a Tubus Airy, made of titanium. I like the more minimalist look and how it tapers in toward the top. As racks go, it doesn't draw attention, and at 360 grams (including mounting hardware), it's no boat anchor (yet it's rated to carry up to 60 pounds of stuff). It carries panniers just as it should, but when the bags are off and I go for a ride, this bike still flies.

Two issues: this rack can be hard to find, and it ain't cheap. I found this one in Germany, in a eBay auction.

I figure options are good.

Attachments

• Rack 1.jpeg
    Rack 1.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Rack 2.jpeg
    Rack 2.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 31

Watsuking

Thanks for sharing your pics. I’m curious, in the rear view, what is the large round black object right side, under the seat?

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
I won't try to talk you into putting a rack on your Silvio, but it is what I did, and rather like the way it came out. I didn't want something big and heavy, so I went with a Tubus Airy, made of titanium. I like the more minimalist look and how it tapers in toward the top. As racks go, it doesn't draw attention, and at 360 grams (including mounting hardware), it's no boat anchor (yet it's rated to carry up to 60 pounds of stuff). It carries panniers just as it should, but when the bags are off and I go for a ride, this bike still flies.

Two issues: this rack can be hard to find, and it ain't cheap. I found this one in Germany, in a eBay auction.

I figure options are good.
That is a sweet rack. I have an S40, but it makes me want a Silvio.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
@Watsuking That is a Lezyne Flow Caddy--a lightweight, bone-simple plastic canister for tire repair stuff that fits into a bottle cage. Put your repair supplies in the middle of a shop rag, roll that up, and stick it into the caddy. Nothing rattles and I have easy access.

Tuloose

Guru
I used a Bacchetta Brain Bag on my Silvio 2.0 and when I turned in the Silvio for a Vendetta I was able to adapt the newer version of the Brain Bag to the V.
The Brain Bag will hold alot without any rattles like a hard case might do and it is out of the windstream.
I believe I ordered mine form Bent Up Cycles.

I wrote something up about how to mount one on a Vendetta which will also apply to a Silvio with the laid back seat and the head support.

This is how I attached on my Silvio 2.1

Attachments

• 6408AEB5-D632-4154-AA01-C25D2DAE3245.jpeg
    6408AEB5-D632-4154-AA01-C25D2DAE3245.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
  • B059DF20-54F1-4B7A-8C54-9A7869A72520.jpeg
    B059DF20-54F1-4B7A-8C54-9A7869A72520.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19