Silvio Car Rack?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I think somebody on the Yahoo board had reworked a trunk rack to accomodate a Silvio. Any help here?

Mark

cycleguy

HI

Yes, I had taken a regular bike rack and cut it in half. I then extended it using PVC tubing so the supports held the SIlvio straight.

83_d14778e95079a97a438f936be5a10606

83_4db3d7d6a39a3d6bc7c3e107164dec2b

Hope this helps! It has worked great... have carried it safely on this.

Harold

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Cool, I knew I had seen that somewhere! That's what you call thinking outside the box AND voiding a warantee all in one fell swoop! Looks like it works great! Thanks, Harold!

Mark

Thanks guys!! That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate it. Now I can take my Silvio to grandma's house to see if she can ride it. :D After reading about Mark's experience I decided a roof rack was not in my future...too many trips to the burger drive thru. :eek:

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I use a standard unmodified bike rack on the bootlid, with the front wheel of the Silvio folded back for transporting. The bike is not horizontal when attached and the rear wheel is quite high (no, not *that* high :) ) It can easily be dropped out anyway.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Stevearino wrote: Thanks guys!! That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate it. Now I can take my Silvio to grandma's house to see if she can ride it. :D After reading about Mark's experience I decided a roof rack was not in my future...too many trips to the burger drive thru. :eek:

You know what's "funny"? As many bikes as I have hauled on the roof of my car, that was the very first time with the Silvio. OK, second; we made it safe to the ride start! :roll: ;) FWIW, I'll go roof rack again, I will just take precautions. I've seen bikes on back racks get smeared, too.

Mark

Robert Stewart

Any chance I will be able to use an unmodified trunk rack on a mk IV Triumph Spitfire? See images here:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.triumphmk3.net/images/site/SP4B.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.triumphmk3.net/Spitfire%2520MK4.htm&h=394&w=690&sz=92&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=aCgfP6IUUByEHM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmk4%2Bspitfire%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN

Cheers,
Rob

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote:
Stevearino wrote: Thanks guys!! That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate it. Now I can take my Silvio to grandma's house to see if she can ride it. :D After reading about Mark's experience I decided a roof rack was not in my future...too many trips to the burger drive thru. :eek:

You know what's "funny"? As many bikes as I have hauled on the roof of my car, that was the very first time with the Silvio. OK, second; we made it safe to the ride start! :roll: ;) FWIW, I'll go roof rack again, I will just take precautions. I've seen bikes on back racks get smeared, too.
How come you dont have a pickup Mark? :wink:

My solution was the Yakama roof rack. Picture attached. I've used it quite a bit and love it. Not an economy solution but quality is top notch. You just have to be extremely careful to watch out for low hanging trees and other obstacles....huh Mark?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Stevearino wrote: My solution was the Yakama roof rack. Picture attached. I've used it quite a bit and love it. Not an economy solution but quality is top notch. You just have to be extremely careful to watch out for low hanging trees and other obstacles....huh Mark?

:oops: :oops: Ummm.... Yeah.....uhhhh..... Something like that. :oops:

Mark