Silvio Colors!

Gromit

Guru
johntolhurst wrote: If WhiteSilvio can provide a picture, that might lend itself better to colouring up?
Or Maria Parker perhaps?
71_17763cb00f7613f995942101ecc23480

WhiteSilvio

Hi Everyone,
I've just been mucking around with the digital device, and was experimenting with 3d image pairs of the cross-eyed variety.
Decided I needed a still subject, and this is what I came up with.
77_afe9fcf57e2237c30e4092347735aa2f

You can to use a picture viewer and fill the entire screen L to R with the image, or just "clicking" the image open in Mozilla works for me.
Move in towards the centre (center) of the picture and then cross your eyes. Slowly move out away from the screen keeping the eyes crossed.
At somewhere around 300 to 600 millimetres (12 to 24 inches) you should get an image, of 3d nature, which can then be "fine tuned" by moving in or out a little.
I was surprised how much depth appears in the image and with reasonable detail. (Of course YMMV depending on your monitor)
Didn't use a stereo setup with two cameras, just winged it. Seems reasonable to me. Bit like the old ViewMaster stereo image things. Does anyone else remember them?

John R

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
WhiteSilvio wrote: Hi Everyone,
I've just been mucking around with the digital device, and was experimenting with 3d image pairs of the cross-eyed variety.
Decided I needed a still subject, and this is what I came up with.
[attachment]Silvio2000x750.jpg[/IMG]
You can to use a picture viewer and fill the entire screen L to R with the image, or just "clicking" the image open in Mozilla works for me.
Move in towards the centre (center) of the picture and then cross your eyes. Slowly move out away from the screen keeping the eyes crossed.
At somewhere around 300 to 600 millimetres (12 to 24 inches) you should get an image, of 3d nature, which can then be "fine tuned" by moving in or out a little.
I was surprised how much depth appears in the image and with reasonable detail. (Of course YMMV depending on your monitor)
Didn't use a stereo setup with two cameras, just winged it. Seems reasonable to me. Bit like the old ViewMaster stereo image things. Does anyone else remember them?

John R
Yes!

I have taken a lot of stereographs, both off-hand like you did with your example above and when taking stereo micrographs on electron microscopes.
Stereo is both fun and can be more informative than standard 2-D photographs.

Nice picture, by the way.
Thanks!

-Steve