Silvio for sale

craigsj

I have a Silvio # CBSV-072 purchased new from Cruzbike on 9/16/09 Which I have decided not to keep. The bike was built up with entirely new components. The list of components includes:

SRAM Rival 165mm compact crank, 34-50
SRAM Force Front der
SRAM Rival Rear der
SRAM chain
KCNC brakes, SwissStop green pads
SRAM Force brifters
WTB Mountain drop bar
Nokon cables, Jagwire teflon

The brifters were purchased on eBay and are 2008 model I believe. They have silver shift levers rather than black and work perfectly. All else is 2009.

In addition, the wheels are Neuvation 2009 SL5 front, SL6 rear and are brand new. The cassette is SRAM 1070 12-27. I have a Tubus Airy rack mounted and two Arundel bottle cages mounted under the seat. They can easily be moved to the stock locations if you prefer. I have a red Radical Designs Solo Racer bag available that has not been modified or installed.

The rear brake has been installed in reverse so that the rack fits cleanly. The brake works perfectly but cable routing is different from stock.

The bike has never taken a fall when riding although it has a tendency to tip over when unattended and has some scratches. The steerer tube has scratches from frequent adjustment but is structurally sound.

I have roughly $4000 invested in the bicycle and will sell it including rack, bag, bottle cages, and wheels for $2700. I will sell the entire bike or the core bike minus some parts. I can use the wheelset but will let it go with the bike as long as I recover reasonable value. I can provide pictures on request.

craigsj

I can give $500 off to remove the wheels, rack, bag, and cages. I would have to do some legwork on shipping. I need to ask around on the safest way to reship the bike. I have the original box and perhaps I can package it safely in that.

I quoted $75 for shipping for another bike on eBay. That might not be enough to North Carolina but I can eat small differences.

Gromit

Guru
zivl3 wrote: I'm also interested in the bike. Where is the bike? Any chance you are in the SF bay area?
You can see the cityscape in the background of the pictures in craigsj's first post. :)
I wonder if the SJ in craigsj's username equals San Jose? Just a guess.
Though the handlebars and shifters seem to have been changed since then. Time for some new pictures perhaps? ;) :)

craigsj

I am not in the bay area unfortunately. I live in Austin.

Yes, the bars and shifters changed since my first post. I could not get knee clearance and hand position both right without the shape of a drop bar and the flat bar shifters were intruding on the leg space. On the bright side, the WTB and SRAM brifters work fantastic. I just wish there was a lighter and less expensive solution.

Here are some pics:

1485_2508e159a90d95c25a971e43b883bf5b

1485_f9260379ff5c61af39b400109f7a044b

1485_352c55e22b5e0f57d3062477d5d6452f

The bike has no pedals though I have some plastic platforms I can add. The bar tape has been knicked but I can include the original tape since I have not used it.

The rear view shows the reversed brake and the minimal rack. The rack weighs only 200g but is not wide. It does install level with very minor modification. I am using a ziptie to secure the top to the stay. A small tab between the rack and the brake bolt is all that's required for permanent installation and that would be easy to rig.

The front view shows the steerer tube where there are some cosmetic problems due to frequent adjustment of the steerer while I messed with bar arrangements.

I mounted the bottle cages on the bottom of the seat to make room for a bag in the back. The cages work well in the stock locations, though, and are the Arundel left- and right-access type. I'm happy to keep those or provide them, either way.

It was my original intention to use an SRAM XX rear der and XX mountain 11-36 cassette. I have the rear der now but the cassettes are on backorder. If there is interest in the rear mech I can provide that as well. It is still new in its package.

craigsj

My rack is the titanium version. They also make a couple others that I believe will fit equally well. Mine fit without modification but sloped backwards slightly so I cut the Tubus nameplate off and removed the cosmetic bulge underneath. Cutting titanium plate with a Dremel cutoff wheel is time consuming but fortunately there is very little to do. A very small L-bracket could be fastened onto the brake bolt to finish the install but I don't know about brake clearance without reversing the brake as I did. Brake reversing is trivial, though.

Tubus makes a kit that can be used to raise the rack and move it rearward (it's for wheel skewer mounting). I believe that would allow a flat installation without modifying the brake. The parts are a bit heavy IMO so I didn't use them. Might make for a slightly more attractive install.