Silvio Frame Weight

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
He posted on his website 5.4 pounds, but I still say that weight is skewed. I saw the head badge in at least three of the pictures.... ;) :lol:

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: Nando says 2.54 kg = 5.6lbs for the frame. We see 14lbs for the whole frameset.

Your frameset is a whole lot less fun than Nanda's?!!? :lol: :lol:

Mark

Nanda H.

Just to reiterate the headbadge doesn't register on the digital scale, so John choose the ultimate unobtainum material:
IMG_5434.JPG

And the frame:
IMG_5402.JPG

Rear frame:
IMG_5412.JPG

Front fork:
IMG_5410.JPG

Front frame:
IMG_5422.JPG

Steering boom:
IMG_5432.JPG

Hardware:
IMG_5435.JPG

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Nanda H. wrote: Just to reiterate the headbadge doesn't register on the digital scale, so John choose the ultimate unobtainum material:

That's your story and you're sticking to it?!!? :lol: :lol:

Mark

Nanda H.

How do I format photo's to the nice smaller size? I click the Img button at the top and paste in the image link to the photo on my website, but it blows it up full scale.
http://spincyclz.com/images/IMG_5514.JPG
[URL='http://spincyclz.com/images/IMG_5543.JPG class="bb-url">http://spincyclz.com/images/IMG_5543.JPG[/URL]
IMG_5514.JPG

Use the Upload Attachment feature instead
Get this program, VSO Image Resizer (google it), best program ever, highlight the photos, rightclick and select VSO Image Resizer, select 800x600 mode and click ok, instantly resizes them to a manageable size in excellent quality.

Nanda H.

Thanks for the tip Brian. Wonder if that is what John is also using, of if he has another technique. :idea:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: That VSO works i could even do it.Now just have to learn to post a picture. Jack

Jack,

You have to have the pictures hosted somewhere. The Yahoo forum works, or you can start a free photobucket account (what I do). In photobucket, you can copy the url with the img tags already there, or, you can push the img on the toolbar for this post. It puts two symbols on the screen. In brackets will be img. In another set of brackets will be /img. You put the url for the picture inbetween those sets of brackets and your picture is there. It's simpler than it sounds.

Mark

Actually PHPBB3 lets you attach the pictures to the post
When you create a post or reply at the bottom below the SAVE/PREVIEW/SUBMIT you will have an Upload Attachment option, click this, then click browse to select the 800x600 image you just created with vso image resizer. Insert a file comment and click submit, if you have multiple pictures click Add The File and you can keep attaching more images to these posts. You don't need to host the images elsewhere

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Nanda H. wrote: Thanks for the tip Brian. Wonder if that is what John is also using, of if he has another technique. :idea:
Nanda,
I uploaded each pic to the forum, then selected 'inline' and the server did the resizing. Very nice. Will add up to a few Gigs in the end on our server but hey, storage is pretty cheap these days.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
A lot of forums don't like to host pics for the storage space reasons and I guess I assumed (incorrectly) that this one didn't either. :oops:

Mark

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
At the moment, no worries. If it blows up a lot too fast, my administrator might have something to say, but so far he hasn't had to increase our disk quota.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: At the moment, no worries. If it blows up a lot too fast, my administrator might have something to say, but so far he hasn't had to increase our disk quota.

I'll probably continue to host offsite and link. That's just the way I've always done it and it's no harder, really.

Mark

Disadvantage is if that host ever dies off, you close the account, they go out of business, you clean up your web space, the pictures that are linked die too, so lets say 1-2 years from now someone wants to see those pictures, the chances that the links will continue to work are unlikely.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Brian Lewis wrote: Disadvantage is if that host ever dies off, you close the account, they go out of business, you clean up your web space, the pictures that are linked die too, so lets say 1-2 years from now someone wants to see those pictures, the chances that the links will continue to work are unlikely.
Yeah, well, there's a good point. On the other hand, Photobucket has been around and will likely be around. Some of the fly by night hosting sights... Yeah, good point. They could be gone tomorrow. I guess I don't mind uploading to this site, but it could get crowded pretty fast.

Mark

Yea you never know if they get bought out, change domain names, change the link structure, prevent linking from outside, etc.

As for disk space, just resize with VSO, your images will be around 100k for 800x600, that means a gig of server space can hold 10,000 pictures!