Small order of Carbon Full Disc wheels coming to CB headquarters

@Don1 , I emailed them. Will see what happens. I've also ordered some Aliexpress cheap carbon sheeting to fill the rear triangle etc. Would be great to get CdA a little lower for 43-44kph at around 200W.

TransAm

These should fit 23/25 and maybe 28's but don't quote me on the 28's for fit - as I haven't seen the wheels personally.
Were you able to check the actual outer rim width?

Does anyone know of a source for a disc wheel >25mm outside width?

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
The HED Vanquish RCD Pro Disc is 21mm wide internal so it should be close to 25mm external. Optimized for 28mm tires.

The JET RCD Black is also 21mm internal. Optimized for 25mm tires.

Not in stock now but the JET RCD Performance wheel is also optimized for 25mm.

Those are all rears though.

Cool. They were good for me. Hope for you too. Can I have the link for the sheets?
I got some of the 400X500 (2 sheets): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32814767894.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.77e418025rAyO7

Not cheap, and there are cheaper/lighter materials up to the task, but should match other carbon on my V20.

Planning to cover the rear triangle and probably from the rear wheel axle up to the bottom of my (custom) rear box. So would effectively cover the front/top quadrant of the rear wheel. I am no aero expert, but hoping that this can slow the air going over the spoked part of the wheel on the top half. Maybe it can clean up the vortices from my body also? Not sure if it will work with access to rear rim brake caliper.

The hub options include spoke type. Are these spoked wheels with a carbon cover?
I think they have copy pasted other wheels they sell, so it has all the same info, but they do look like a full carbon wheel.... not a covered spoke wheel. I will email and ask them.

Derek

Please consider ordering a batch of tubeless-compatible front carbon rim brake disc wheels for all us v20 owners out there too. I’d buy one!

In Matthew McConaughey voice: ”It’d be a lot cooler if you did.” :)

Last edited: