Social Distance Bicycle

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I found this entertaining, link to a build of a bicycle for these times, spoiler, not new bicycle type but energetically entertaining:

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@Emeljay I have been corrupted. There will be no going back. Do the words “don’t do this at home” mean anything to you? My wife will disown me, my kids look the other way and the library across the street will beg me to move away. Especially when I do the dance at the end. :cool:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
It is called a tallbike. I have seen them at London Critical Mass. Someone was doing wheelies on one. You get all sorts at London Critical Mass. You can build them without welding. Fully suspended MTB has its rear triangle bolted on. You get a load of those frames and use the existing bolts and holes. To my knowledge there are no recumbent ones.

My buddy and I found directions for something like this back in the late 80’s in popular mechanics...Ours was much more crude, but only cost us for extra cable and 2 pieces of electrical conduit...basically flip the bike upside down...flip fork 180 degrees, flip entire crank unit, add conduit for seat post and steering extensions and then figure out how to ride it...easy to have front wheel come up, so beware if you get energetic about building one..lol

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Ear-bleedingly cool. USS. Never seen one like that at Critical Mass. Is it made of Schwinns? I think he went very slowly at one point. Good low-speed balance. Shame he did not video himself getting on and off.