Softrider for sale

Sylscbikes

This Cruzbike Softrider is in fantastic condition! It was donated to our nonprofit bike shop, Second Chance Bikes in Charleston, SC a few months ago, but we haven't had any interest locally. Will ship at buyers expense. $800 obo

Attachments

• 20240120_135259.jpg
    20240120_135259.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20240120_135308.jpg
    20240120_135308.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 20240120_135312.jpg
    20240120_135312.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240120_135317.jpg
    20240120_135317.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240120_135325.jpg
    20240120_135325.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 20240120_135330.jpg
    20240120_135330.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240120_135334.jpg
    20240120_135334.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20240120_135350.jpg
    20240120_135350.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240120_135343.jpg
    20240120_135343.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240120_135339.jpg
    20240120_135339.jpg
    865.7 KB · Views: 60

ChairmanFrau

I would like to buy it, I think. I am in Arizona. I don't suppose you are geographically close? Also, is there anything I need to know about the bike's condition that will require immediate attention, just so I can factor in the cost along with shipping costs? For some reason I cant get the photos to come clear enough to see, it's all a blue blur. Meanwhile I'm looking up the specs on the Sofrider. I have a Q45 (carpal tunnel ended my bike life until I got miserable enough to try anything and discovered recumbents, now I can't understand why everyone isn't on one, I have yet to ride one I didn't like...not that I have huge opportunity here. But, after having experienced rear suspension, I never want to go back to having my eyes rattled around so badly I can hardly see where I am going, know what I mean? Of course you do! There's a lot of b.s. and fads in bike manufacturing, especially mtn. bikes, but suspension definitely was a...I wanted to say great leap forward but Mao pretty much changed the meaning of that from pos to neg maybe forever but you know what I am trying to say) OK I will finish my investigation of the Sofrider and by this evening I will be back in touch with you. Sorry for the delay in this response, it has been unusually rainy here and the shed that is the hot water heater enclosure suddenly sprung a major leak with grim consequences and I had to deal with it immediately. I can do almost anything, unless it requires huge expensive tools lime a crane or bulldozer, but, suffice to say nobody would want to pay me to do it because I work at a snail's pace. My excuse is that often, I have never done the whatever it is before, so I have to think and consider each act or end up having to undo a real mess which is so much worse than the initial problem as you surely know if you have ever had to untangle a real mess regardless of who made it, just to get to the root of a problem. It's better if it's not your own mess just to spare yourself self hatred for the duration....Either way speed is sacrificed. Efficiency being a benefit of hundreds of hours of repetition. I understand they figured out it has to do with the myelin sheath around the nerves getting built up with use and facilitating signal passage to the muscles that do whatever it is you are doing so much and the brain creating another pathway to access task info every time there is a change in the details of the performance; to use my little task as an example, having dealt with correcting the scandalous lack of attention to basic detail that caused the failure of the corrugated aluminum, fiberglass and wood shed at my house, if I then undertook a similar repair at the house across the street, my brain would not only be collecting details to remember for possible subsequent use, but new roads leading to task central, or Rome if you prefer would be built, while the conductivity of the nerve pathways instructing muscle movements to perform the adequate actions would become a bit smoother and stronger, and so on. Until eventually a person might say "I could do that backwards with my eyes closed" and be telling the truth.
And you are probably a neurologist or surgeon and totally rolling your eyes because me saying all that is like a 3 year old telling you how to do your job. But I don't mean to be pedantic and annoying, I find these things fascinating and can't help nattering on about them, while simultaneously feeling painfully idiotic, because I know I should just shut up, and can not. To the extent that a person finds they are unable to avoid transgressing social normatives, ignorance would indeed be bliss, though in general I would not say ignorance, no matter how blissful, is a condition to aspire to.
Shutting up now.

tomcom

I would like to buy it, I think. I am in Arizona. I don't suppose you are geographically close? Also, is there anything I need to know about the bike's condition that will require immediate attention, just so I can factor in the cost along with shipping costs? For some reason I cant get the photos to come clear enough to see, it's all a blue blur. Meanwhile I'm looking up the specs on the Sofrider. I have a Q45 (carpal tunnel ended my bike life until I got miserable enough to try anything and discovered recumbents, now I can't understand why everyone isn't on one, I have yet to ride one I didn't like...not that I have huge opportunity here. But, after having experienced rear suspension, I never want to go back to having my eyes rattled around so badly I can hardly see where I am going, know what I mean? Of course you do! There's a lot of b.s. and fads in bike manufacturing, especially mtn. bikes, but suspension definitely was a...I wanted to say great leap forward but Mao pretty much changed the meaning of that from pos to neg maybe forever but you know what I am trying to say) OK I will finish my investigation of the Sofrider and by this evening I will be back in touch with you. Sorry for the delay in this response, it has been unusually rainy here and the shed that is the hot water heater enclosure suddenly sprung a major leak with grim consequences and I had to deal with it immediately. I can do almost anything, unless it requires huge expensive tools lime a crane or bulldozer, but, suffice to say nobody would want to pay me to do it because I work at a snail's pace. My excuse is that often, I have never done the whatever it is before, so I have to think and consider each act or end up having to undo a real mess which is so much worse than the initial problem as you surely know if you have ever had to untangle a real mess regardless of who made it, just to get to the root of a problem. It's better if it's not your own mess just to spare yourself self hatred for the duration....Either way speed is sacrificed. Efficiency being a benefit of hundreds of hours of repetition. I understand they figured out it has to do with the myelin sheath around the nerves getting built up with use and facilitating signal passage to the muscles that do whatever it is you are doing so much and the brain creating another pathway to access task info every time there is a change in the details of the performance; to use my little task as an example, having dealt with correcting the scandalous lack of attention to basic detail that caused the failure of the corrugated aluminum, fiberglass and wood shed at my house, if I then undertook a similar repair at the house across the street, my brain would not only be collecting details to remember for possible subsequent use, but new roads leading to task central, or Rome if you prefer would be built, while the conductivity of the nerve pathways instructing muscle movements to perform the adequate actions would become a bit smoother and stronger, and so on. Until eventually a person might say "I could do that backwards with my eyes closed" and be telling the truth.
And you are probably a neurologist or surgeon and totally rolling your eyes because me saying all that is like a 3 year old telling you how to do your job. But I don't mean to be pedantic and annoying, I find these things fascinating and can't help nattering on about them, while simultaneously feeling painfully idiotic, because I know I should just shut up, and can not. To the extent that a person finds they are unable to avoid transgressing social normatives, ignorance would indeed be bliss, though in general I would not say ignorance, no matter how blissful, is a condition to aspire to.
Shutting up now.
I live in Phoenix and am putting up a Cruzbike Softrider for sale on Craigslist. Here is the link to the ad: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/d/scottsdale-cruzbike-softrider-recumbent/7731309965.html

deadbeatdon

Hello,
I am interested in the softrider. I would need it shipped to Winnipeg, MB up in Canada. I expect that to be quite expensive but even so it should be a reasonable value to get my butt back in a Cruzbike.

Thanks!
Donald

bikenut1

Not sure if this bike sold yet, but I have a SoftRider for sale for $450. Works great, probably only needs sizing for the new rider. I bought it used from a friend so not sure how many miles are on it but it looks and rides great!