Softrider/Freerider/V2k/T50/T50e Pictorial History - Request pics and info from the tribe

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Softrider/Freerider/V2k/T50/T50e Pictorial History

Cruzbike has asked me to put together a pictorial history of all the Cruzbike models.
To me this includes not just a picture of each model, but the differences between the versions and what was changed from one to the next
Therefore I am reaching out to you: the tribe for some help!
So to get started I would like to see pictures all of your Sofrider, Freerider, V2k, T50, T50e , etc - please list the "version" with your bike too so it will help me catolog them all
If you are in the picture, better yet- but you don't have to be.
Also, if you have shots of any special areas of the bike that represent one or more of the "updates" or "mods" of that model/version, even better!
It doesn't even matter if you still own it or not either - the eventual goal here is to get some good pics of each and every version of the Vendetta lineage (and changes) since its inception
Note this thread is only for Sofrider/Freerider/V2k/T50/T50e - if you have any other models, please post them under those appropriate threads - there should be one for each model

Thanks in advance,
--
Larry Oslund
828-216-7860
larryoslund@gmail.com

Sofrider. My first Cruzbike.

Attachments

• 2B9A1CDE-FB7C-406E-818C-5B6A868A06DF.jpeg
    2B9A1CDE-FB7C-406E-818C-5B6A868A06DF.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 30
  • B873933E-5113-4A51-85FB-099EE0435B50.jpeg
    B873933E-5113-4A51-85FB-099EE0435B50.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 27

super slim

Zen MBB Master
P1060391.JPG

A Softrider pre V1 as test mule frame of John(the Magician!) Tolhurst!
Added rear disk brake mount so 180mm Front, 160mm rear, and air shocks for a van supported ride across Tibet.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
V1 Sofrider, shown with longer chainstay, lower seat, and rear-wheel cover.
It has triple front rings, a long-cage rear derailleur, a ten-speed 11-34 cassette, a Bontrager rear wheel, and narrow drop handlebars.
Other than that... it's all stock.
I still use it on the trainer.b9de52e7.jpg

Attachments

• b9de52e7.jpg
    b9de52e7.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 4

Gromit

Guru
Softrider/Freerider/V2k/T50/T50e Pictorial History

Cruzbike has asked me to put together a pictorial history of all the Cruzbike models.
To me this includes not just a picture of each model, but the differences between the versions and what was changed from one to the next
Therefore I am reaching out to you: the tribe for some help!
So to get started I would like to see pictures all of your Sofrider, Freerider, V2k, T50, T50e , etc - please list the "version" with your bike too so it will help me catolog them all
If you are in the picture, better yet- but you don't have to be.
Also, if you have shots of any special areas of the bike that represent one or more of the "updates" or "mods" of that model/version, even better!
It doesn't even matter if you still own it or not either - the eventual goal here is to get some good pics of each and every version of the Vendetta lineage (and changes) since its inception
Note this thread is only for Sofrider/Freerider/V2k/T50/T50e - if you have any other models, please post them under those appropriate threads - there should be one for each model

Thanks in advance,
--
Larry Oslund
828-216-7860
larryoslund@gmail.com
John Tolhurst also designed the Cruzbike Sigma.

4104298644_368c3cbf3a_c.jpg

Image from Spin Cyclz flickr

There is a review of the Sigma on BentRiderOnline.

Robert Holler of Cruzbike may have access to a Sigma?

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
I’ll clean my v3 up and post a pic soon. She is pretty dirty at the moment with all the rain wet roads.

sofrider v3 downunda dirty.

8723D51E-D5C3-45AF-BD93-28D3D32CB771.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuloose

Guru
Freeridin' with my doggie.
I liked the handlebars but not so much the heavy dual suspension.
I donated this one to our local bike collective and purchased a T50 frame.

upload_2021-8-4_11-9-39.png