Sourcing Cruzbike Flag Pole Parts

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
When I ride in my neighborhood, I generally like to ride with a flag for better visibility. Unfortunately, I snapped my Cruzbike Flag Pole at the plastic connector. Does anyone have an idea of where I can source a new connector or perhaps how to fabricate one?

TIA

About 13 years ago I was learning to ride my first recumbent and purchased a flag at Planetary Cycles (610 loop Houston). It included that connector part. When I subsequently bought flags at Planetary Cycles it did not include the connector part. I found the original flag pole length too long (flag would hit trees) so I sawed the new poles for the length I desired.

You may want to check places that sell bike flags. The last time I stepped into Planetary Cycles (it has been years) they did not have any flags. But you can always call and ask.

I quit using flags except on my trike as I found rear flashing lights to be far more effective (and aero). The flag I like most on the trike connects like tent poles, having silver connectors. It bends and spins in the wind and is quite noticeable. You can get a flag like that online at a trike store or online flag shop (just search for trike flags). You may also try "bike flag pole connector".

The search results on Amazon will not show connectors. It will show flags with parts - some of those parts are white plastic connectors. For example there is one for $8.99 with flag, 4 pole stem parts, 4 connectors, and the metal part that is bolted to the bike.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
The search results on Amazon will not show connectors. It will show flags with parts - some of those parts are white plastic connectors. For example there is one for $8.99 with flag, 4 pole stem parts, 4 connectors, and the metal part that is bolted to the bike.
Yeah, saw that…

Here is an option for a complete new pole.

The connector is more robust on this pole than the CB pole. It is a bit longer and you may want to cut it down. The CB pole is 6 mm so you will want the thinned end option on the lower section.

Greg