Southern California Cruz-in

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Jack and I have been talking for some time about a SoCal get together for Cruzbikes. Actually, we would welcome anybody that wanted to come and have a look at a variety of Cruzbikes.... Silvios, Sofriders, Freeriders, conversions, you name it. Right now, we're talking about the Santa Ana River Trail down to the beach and back. The entire ride is 45 miles with a possible food stop. Pace to be determined as we go. We'll try to regroup as we go and keep people together as much as possible. If you're not up to the full 45 miles, you can turn back earlier. There are many, many options, here. If you have suggestions, throw them out.

Let's get a show of "hands" and throw some dates out there. I think we're talking October, to give everybody some planning time. The 4th would work best for me. The 11th and 18th are out and my daughter's birthday is the weekend of the 25th.

What do you say?!!?

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hi Mark,

I think this is a great idea. I am trapped on the east coast by a highly unpredictable "real job" at present. I suspect Socal is a great place to ride in the mid-to-late fall and I'd love to make it.

How long does the good weather last in your neck of the woods? obe great to get John Tolhurst and Tom Traylor in the same place for a second time, accompanied by Jim and Maria. I know John has a new baby and others have other considerations...

best to you,

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote: Hi Mark,

I think this is a great idea. I am trapped on the east coast by a highly unpredictable "real job" at present. I suspect Socal is a great place to ride in the mid-to-late fall and I'd love to make it.

How long does the good weather last in your neck of the woods? obe great to get John Tolhurst and Tom Traylor in the same place for a second time, accompanied by Jim and Maria. I know John has a new baby and others have other considerations...

best to you,

October is some of the best riding to be had. The weather has usually begun to cool some and is still fairly predictable. By late October, you can expect the Santa Ana winds to begin whipping some, but even those can be pretty sporatic. There's gopd riding year around, really. You might have to throw on arm / leg warmers and a wind vest during the coldest. You just don't go out real early, not on purpose. If you get a rainy weekend, you can head out Palm Springs way into the desert and get some sunshine and saddle time.

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I've gone ahead and set the date for October 4th at 8:00 AM for meet and greet time. Ride will depart at 9:00. There will be an optional food stop near the turnaround. If riders are unable to do the entire 45 miles, they can turn around anywhere along the way, or perhaps we can arrange for vehicles to carry riders and bikes back to the ride start, if there is enough interest.

Hope you guys can go!

Mark

Tom Roberts

Sorry, I won't be able to make it. I already had plans to be in Texas that weekend. Hopefully we will do it again.
Tom

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Here's a bump to remind you all this is going on. I'm going to be there and hope some others can make it, as well.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Im having trouble logging on to the computer but will be at Loma Linda park around 8 on sat. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: Im having trouble logging on to the computer but will be at Loma Linda park around 8 on sat. Jack

Remember it's the far west end, by the ball diamonds. You can go in there for free. They'll want you to pay if you go into the park proper. See you there!

Mark