Speedone FS Mini Velo Suspension Folding

chrisblessing

I took my first ride two days ago on my converted Speedone FS Mini Velo Suspension Folding bike. I rode only in the parking lot of my condo. Nice and easy. Other than slightly wobbly starts, as noted by others, it was not nearly as difficult as I had feared. The "open palms" advice works, and found me peddling within minutes. Yesterday I took it too a local football field and rode around and around for 30 minutes, with figure 8s, and playing with the shifting. The bike is comfortable, well-fitting and nimble.

CruzSpeed1_small.jpg

CruzSpeed2_small.jpg height: 439px;

alt="Speedone FS Mini Velo Suspension Folding Bike"
CruzSpeed3_small.jpg height: 391px;

At 32lbs/14.5 kg it's lighter than I dared hope. The custom seat mount likely adds 1/2 kilo or more.

Chinese New Year will be here soon, and the streets of Kuala Lumpur will be largely free of traffic. Can't wait!

chrisblessing

bike frame

The frame is a 451, and both the front fork and rear stay will take only 20" (maybe 24" on the rear). The conversion kit chainstay is for 26", although I'm trying to find a 20" replacement.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Be Proud of It!

That is a very clean conversion. I am sure it took a fair amount of work to make such an elegant solution.

Love it!

chrisblessing

Thanks...

Thanks Andrew and Mason. A bit of work, yes, but the folks at Cruzbike and the forum made it all the easier.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
It looks like the smaller

It looks like the smaller front fork will pull your crank into you too much?

Nice conversion!

chrisblessing

smaller chainstay

John, your observation matches my own, although I'm just as concerned that the bottom bracket will be down further than I'm accustomed to. My current LWB, back in the US, has my legs nearly straight out. This one is low, and I don't think I'd like to go much lower. So I may leave it as is.

chrisblessing

Front derailleur

I had a problem with the front derailleur cage being too long to get close enough to the top gear because the angle between the chainstay and top tube is too small. I simply couldn't shift to the top gear. I replaced the Shimano Tiagra with a Deore M590, and put an extra long limit screw in to allow it to work reasonably well with the compact duo.

alt="Deore front derailleur"
fd_cable_small.JPG