Speedplay Frog cleat/pedal clicking

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Hi,
I have been riding the Speedplay Frogs for about 3.5 years or 4000 miles. I noticed that recently when I ride on the trainer, the cleat/pedal makes clicking sound when I pedal the cranks. It feels like the cleat/pedal seems to have more gap or play. I am just wondering if others have similar issue and how to fix it.
I also noticed this little screw on the cleat which seems to show that I can turn it in to make the interface tighter. However, it feels the the screw was welded on when I try to turn it, and I didn't want to break the Allen wrench.

20210213_162256.jpg

Leave the screw alone. Worn parts of the cleat & pedal may contribute some to the increased play, but If the retention plate is loose, you may try a piece of foam bar-tape or something between the shoe & the cleat as the original foam becomes compressed.
No word if there’s any plan to continue making these pedals, I suspect they’re done.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Leave the screw alone. Worn parts of the cleat & pedal may contribute some to the increased play, but If the retention plate is loose, you may try a piece of foam bar-tape or something between the shoe & the cleat as the original foam becomes compressed.
No word if there’s any plan to continue making these pedals, I suspect they’re done.
I will give the padding idea a try! Thanks.